Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Call for samples (Read 32527 times) previous topic - next topic

Call for samples

Reply #50
Here is my favourite.
Him: Join me in death

Call for samples

Reply #51
Some Indian stuff
Ravi Shankar - Marwa

Call for samples

Reply #52
The problem with threads like these is that they make me go and buy CDs!

Cheers,
David.

Call for samples

Reply #53
My second and last sample (I don't wanna flood this thread):

The Velvet Underground - I Heard Her Call My Name

Call for samples

Reply #54
Kalmah - The Blind Leader
---
By the way, I think this sample sounds better at bitrates below 160kbps when used the pure-stereo encoding mode instead of the joint-stereo one.
I tried the Lame version 3.93.1 and following commandline:
--alt-preset xxx (-m s)

This is really the first music sample I've heard which sounds worse with joint-stereo encoding...strange 

Call for samples

Reply #55
My second and last sample (I don't wanna flood this thread):

The Velvet Underground - I Heard Her Call My Name

Oof, this one sounds awful already.  Extremely distorted.

ff123

Call for samples

Reply #56
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane - 06 - The Sun

Nice groove =)

Call for samples

Reply #57
The problem with threads like these is that they make me go and buy CDs!

Cheers,
David.

so we better stop stating the artist and song name...  , but at second thought this'll probably drive you crazy because you can't find it nowhere 
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Call for samples

Reply #58
OMG! That song is a riot! So out of the ordinary comparing to listening test samples.

The whole album is a riot (though most of it is more than just band organ solos).  I highly recommend it, though some of it is really off the wall strange.  What really surprised me was the high mpc bitrates, but apparently that's normal for organ music?
I am *expanding!*  It is so much *squishy* to *smell* you!  *Campers* are the best!  I have *anticipation* and then what?  Better parties in *the middle* for sure.
http://www.phong.org/

Call for samples

Reply #59
i am sure there is a reason but why dont you use the same (or most of the) samples as ff123 in his 64 test?

Well, discussion on the 64kbps test will only start by the end of next week, but...

I am calling for more samples because people can't stand anymore listening to the same samples again and again.

Call for samples

Reply #60
M2M - Smiling Face: Pop

Call for samples

Reply #61
BBMak - Again: Pop

Call for samples

Reply #62
From the Sailormoon OST 20sec fragment of the theme "Sailor Uranus & Neptune".
She is waiting in the air

Call for samples

Reply #63
A 20sec fragment of a mostly koto piece form a song called "Sakurasakura" of a CD called "kokoro no furusato".
She is waiting in the air

Call for samples

Reply #64
Arvo Pärt - Arbos, first track from the album of the same name.
First 28 seconds with fadeout at the end.
Very full chamber music.

Call for samples

Reply #65
First off I have a strange electronic sample to contribute.  This one is called "Base Metal" and it is off of the album "The Eyes of Stanley Pain" by Download.  Ogg seems to have trouble with this song, it yielded over 370Kbit when encoded at -q6 with GTb1.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Call for samples

Reply #66
Next I have a song that I would like to call a progressive symphonic metal song.  It clips considerably but I like it.  The song is called "Dawn of Victory" (title track) and it is by Rhapsody.

Call for samples

Reply #67
I would like to call this acid induced rock.  The song is "Fight Test" (again the title track for the album . . . well EP this time) and it is by The Flaming Lips.

Call for samples

Reply #68
20 sec from "Da Funk" by "Daft Punk" from their album "Homework".

It was on this sample I could for the first time hear the difference between MP3 192 CBR (it was some Fhg-based encoder) and MusePack --xtreme (it was the old 1.7.8 encoder).

Call for samples

Reply #69
This is just a soft rockish sort of song.  It is called "Hasn't Hit Me Yet" and is by the band Blue Rodeo.  I ripped from their greatest hits CD so I'm not sure right off hand what album it is origonally off of, and I'm too lazy to find out.

Call for samples

Reply #70
I figured no one else would upload a metal song of this magnitude.  So here you go "Puritana" from "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" by Dimmu Borgir.

Call for samples

Reply #71
The next is "Baby Ford - Normal (Helston Flora Remix By Afx)" which can found on Aphex Twin's excellent "26 Mixes for Cash".

As with all of his music, this track is kinda different

Call for samples

Reply #72
The last track from me is "Curve - Falling Free (Aphex Twin Remix)" which is also from Aphex Twin's "26 Mixes for Cash".

Call for samples

Reply #73
Might as well include this sample also. It's "Nannou" by Aphex Twin from the "Windowlicker"-EP.

This song is very hard to encode. LAME 3.90.3 aps gives 232 kbps, OggEncGT3b1 -q6 gives 295 kbps, mppenc --xtreme gives 255 kbps.

Call for samples

Reply #74
Me too

Artist: Rush
Title: Manhattan Project
Album: Power Windows
Year: 1985
Track: 3
File size: 2045 KB

The intro to the song - mainly synthesizer and keyboard carpets, guitars, synth bass and drums.

Damnit, this type of selection is difficult...

Edit: Why the f*** isn't the download link showing up? The clip was uploaded when I clicked "Preview"...

Edit 2: OK, it worked now... but it's a PITA that IBF apparently looses the attachment in between post preview and submission...