Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Updater Suggestion: "[X] Don't recreate shortcuts" (Read 817 times) previous topic - next topic

Updater Suggestion: "[X] Don't recreate shortcuts"

When updating to the latest release there is no need to write new shortcuts to the Desktop and Start Menu.  I moved my original foobar2000 shortcut to the folder of my choice and just end up deleting all the newly written ones.  Thanks.

Reply #1
Run installer and uncheck checkboxes for shortcuts.

Reply #2
lvqcl, thanks for the quick response.  Ever since my initial foobar2000 install, I've always run new installers directly from the internet and clicked on the "Update" button.  I never noticed there was a "Custom" button right beside it.  Downloading and running the installer -- or selecting the Custom button as above -- takes you back through the initial install wizard where "Shortcut icons" can be disabled.  Sorry for my confusion.