Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to split VGM files into seperate tracks (Read 5138 times) previous topic - next topic

How to split VGM files into seperate tracks

Hi, I'm a newbie.

On a video I watched, there was a song that was used that I wanted to use for mine but I need split tracks. Someone commented this: http://imgur.com/a/YWpWs with the download link to the file. I installed the plugin needed to run the .vgm tracks in foobar, but now I don't know what to do.

How do I split and save the tracks?

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding.

Re: How to split VGM files into seperate tracks

Reply #1
You can split them into individual channels manually with the GEP Control for foo_gep, or you can use my command line program, multidumper, to split them automatically into wav files. Splitting into individual channel VGM files is not really an easy task.

I'm handing the work on a GUI off to @KDDLB to do in C#, while the dumper itself will be a C++ DLL.

Reply #2
You can split them into individual channels manually with the GEP Control for foo_gep, or you can use my command line program, multidumper, to split them automatically into wav files. Splitting into individual channel VGM files is not really an easy task.

I'm handing the work on a GUI off to @KDDLB to do in C#, while the dumper itself will be a C++ DLL.

Scratch that last part, the GUI will call multidumper.exe directly :v
¡Se habla español! Also available in purple and orange.

Reply #3
The Multidumper has been released.

Get it here. [signature]

Reply #4
The Multidumper has been released.

Get it here.
Dear Kode54, I can't download the MultiDumper binary, because the link is dead. Would you upload it again? Thank you!

Reply #5
I have corrected the link.

Reply #6
Thank you!