Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns AND rows? (Read 3550 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns AND rows?

Hi all, first post. Recently switched over to Foobar and im liking it a lot so far.

At the minute i have it set up like this

As much as i like the layout i have at the minute i would mind being able to move the tracks area from the right, to where the playlist is at the bottom, and then have a narrow playlist down the right hand side. I'd also remove the EQ and visualization.

The library viewer im using is Facets and i quite like how simple it is and easy it is to set up. However, I just can't get it setup the way i would like.

This is how i want it laid out, but when i click on the genre/artist/album at the top it should show the tracks contained at the bottom.

Any ideas how i would go about achieving this?

Really appreciate the help everyone. Thanks in advance.

Mordynak

Columns AND rows?

Reply #1
not possible. the facets panes all have to belong to the same panel for them to be linked.

Columns AND rows?

Reply #2
Ok, are there any other media library plugins that allow for such a layout?

Columns AND rows?

Reply #3
Columns UI with filters -

Columns AND rows?

Reply #4
those filters are a bit naff compared to facets though. no columns, no stats, you can't sort by clicking the headers, etc...

Columns AND rows?

Reply #5
facets with genre/artist/album
enable library selection viewer playlist
create a esplaylist panel beneath; lock it to the library selection viewer playlist and let it display whatever you need

Columns AND rows?

Reply #6
Yeah tried using Column's UI and it is just awkward to setup and isnt very good once its setup. Lack of columns and what not... surprisingly.

What exactly is an esplaylist?

Columns AND rows?

Reply #8
Just if you have success with cloning the layout of Winamp that doesn't mean that it also would behave like Winamp. In fact you would get something different.

The only good advice: Get Winamp or get used with foobar2000!

Columns AND rows?

Reply #9
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=esplaylist

I did google it and im still unable to find a download for esplaylist.

Just if you have success with cloning the layout of Winamp that doesn't mean that it also would behave like Winamp. In fact you would get something different.

The only good advice: Get Winamp or get used with foobar2000!

Who said anything about Winamp? The way i want it laid out is just a logical layout for me. I've used Winamp a lot in the past, and i've already copied all the functionality i need from winamp, apart from the media library layout.

If i double click on an genre artist or album it gets sent to the current playlist. I don't have multiple playlists on the go. Just a playlist that functions exactly the same as in winamp.

I don't want Winamp because its become very slow over the last few years and foobar is just very quick and customizable. I just cant find a good media library for it. Not to say Facets isnt good, it just doesnt do 100% of what i want.

Columns AND rows?

Reply #11
…which is also the first result of the search that I recommended.

Columns AND rows?

Reply #13
The HA forum discussion of es_playlist with a download link in the first post is here:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=79030

…which is also the first result of the search that I recommended.

This still doesnt help. I have no idea what es_playlist does nor can i read whatever language used on the website that is linked to.

Who said anything about Winamp?
You, who mentioned that almost anything was copied, and your layout, that also shows the second searchbar.

You were the first to mention it.

Columns AND rows?

Reply #14
it's just the homepage that is japanese. the whole interface/options are all in english.

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#esp

i'm not really sure how to use it as described in the original post though.

Columns AND rows?

Reply #15
did you manage to download/install it?
if yes, did you achieve what you wanted to?
if not, i can expand my original post

Columns AND rows?

Reply #16
Yes i did.
No i didn't achieve what i wanted.
If you wouldn't mind, thank you.

Columns AND rows?

Reply #17
1. preferences > media library > library selection playlist > [X] enabled
2. make two panels, one top, one bottom
3. in the top one set up facets to your liking, genre/artist/album
4. in the bottom one set up esplaylist to show the information you're missing, i.e. title/tracknumber/...
5. right clich esplaylist panel > playlists > [X] library selection viewer

Columns AND rows?

Reply #18
Reverted to Winamp. It just works.

Thanks anyway