Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: album art msn dp changer. (Read 99513 times) previous topic - next topic

album art msn dp changer.

Reply #100
hi i get error saying
Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_albumart_msn.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Reply #102
One thing I noticed is that each time it goes to switch back to the original display pic, it gets slightly darker. I took a couple of screenshots to show you what I mean.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/wes...albumartmsn.jpg

the restored display's full path name is in fact the file that msn internally saved, therefore, it is normal.
as you know, if you ask msn to display "1.jpg", then msn will make a backup of the file something like "TFRF4.dat" in the user MapFile folder. I know it a long time ago, but just don't have any way to solve.

Reply #103
version 0.2.1_5
- added an option letting you choose if to change the dp in msn messenger.
binary

You should have underlined that... I tried to restart foobar and messenger many times. I tried test.exe and it worked, but albumart didn't work. Finally I had to read whole thread for help and here it is. Original albumart preference page seemed to look same so I didn't notice this little box. Anyway, now it works, thanks

Reply #104

version 0.2.1_5
- added an option letting you choose if to change the dp in msn messenger.
binary

You should have underlined that... I tried to restart foobar and messenger many times. I tried test.exe and it worked, but albumart didn't work. Finally I had to read whole thread for help and here it is. Original albumart preference page seemed to look same so I didn't notice this little box. Anyway, now it works, thanks

hope you realise that the latest one is 0.2.1_8

Reply #105
updated.

version 0.2.1_8
- in columns ui layout setting, this module is now changed name to "Album Art Mod"
- there are now 2 types of panel, one is the same as before, can send avatar to msn (single instance),
  and the other one is just like normal foo_uie_albumart (multi-instance).
- changed one display bahavior: checking "Shrink album cover art to fit panel" and "Maintain aspect ratio" will
  make the album art really fit the uie panel window, not as the foo_uie_albumart, which doesn't really fit the 
  window for some pictures.

binary

Reply #107
can this plugin work separately? i dont use columns uie so i was hoping if works like MSN Now Playing.

thanks

Reply #108
Nice! I'm using it now. Thanks!

Reply #109
If a albumart is not found, it will disable the dp in msn, rather than just show the default picture. Can this be fixed?

An earlier post stated that you could use a "no cover"-art to fix this (i couldn't find this feature), but I find it rather odd if you have to put your msn dp into foobar...)
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #110
Is this component still hosted somewhere? If not, could somebody upload / email it to me please?

Thanks guys.

Reply #111
Is this component still hosted somewhere? If not, could somebody upload / email it to me please?
cabbage.overlord@gmail.com

Thanks guys.

You can find it on Acropolis Webpage

For me, the plugin doesn't work    i use MSN Live 8.1.0178.00, is it normal ?
SEULS LES JUSTES RESTERONS

Reply #112
it will only work when Windows Messenger presents in the system (XP I assumed).
for people who are using Vista (like me), it's dead. and I don't use it anymore...

Reply #113
interested in using album art for my msn avatar with miranda. but only if there was a way for it NOT to default to my "no cover" image, byt just show my default msn avatar instead..

Reply #114
interested in using album art for my msn avatar with miranda. but only if there was a way for it NOT to default to my "no cover" image, byt just show my default msn avatar instead..

I already reported this.

It's a shame development has stopped 
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #115
if anybody wants to take over the development, pm me, I will send the source code.

Reply #116
I have this working great on vista and WLM 8.1.

One small thing... is it possible to set it to only change the DP when "Show what I'm listening too" is selected in WLM?  At the moment it will still change it when showing song title is off.

Reply #117
Meh where are the options for foo_uie_albumart_msn.dll ? it doesn't give me an error when i restarted foo so it should work right ? im on vista ultimate, ive looked on msn too and i cant seem to find an option corresponding to the plug-in

Reply #118
None of the links actually take me to the file, they're all to some webhosting blog, does anyone have it to share? This looks great.

Reply #119
Someone can give me a valid link for this plugin???? ç____ç

Reply #120
CD Art Display does that (and more) Link