Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Quick advice for closed headphones for classical music (Read 11413 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Quick advice for closed headphones for classical music

Reply #25
I can recommend to try: B&O BeoPlay H6 by Bang & Olufsen (1st Gen, second is little more bassy)... The COMFORT is Outstanding
and the sound just one step from that, but with DSP, EQ etc.. The Lambskin of the pads... all my others Home Cans is at risk of retirement!

I own the H6 Gen. 1; I've had it for over a year. I was lured by the H6's on-the-go portability and build quality, as well as its purportedly excellent audio fidelity. (Indeed, I'd read that the sound compared favorably to my Shure SRH840, a set of headphones I love.) I was also aware that the H6 Gen. 1 benefited from an external amp, despite a supposed rating of around 30 ohms impedance.

Regrettably--and with all due respect to Duceboia--I must say that the H6 sounds terrible. During complex passages of classical music, the instruments are smeared and muddied--the music becomes almost unlistenable. Yet even in general, it's not a close contest: the sound quality simply isn't good. Whether I use the H6 from my computers or my main stereo, the results always seem similar. It is true that I haven't connected it to a dedicated amp, but I intend to do it soon. Regardless, I'm keen to replace the H6/1 with one of the options I mentioned above.

Yes, I feel like a chump.

Best regards,
Brian

Re: Quick advice for closed headphones for classical music

Reply #26
I listen to Doom Metal et similia 80% of the time, but I Love Chet Baker (especially in trio) and Mahler.
My player of choice is a rockboxed Xduuo X3... if my wife is at work, TV off, neighbor's children shut-up well I Love GRADOs...
If Not... H6 really let me enjoy my music via a tablet (NEUTRALIZER app like suggested by a Wise Man popular in this forum).

De gustibus... so tell the man who masturbate with 2 stones!