Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy - Best version? (Read 3411 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy - Best version?

Hi all,
Is there a specific version of EAC that may be considered as the best over others?

Re: Exact Audio Copy - Best version?

Reply #1
I think I dabbled with 1.0 but stayed with 0.99 because I didn't need the extaneous features.

The portion of the software involved in the extraction process has remained unchanged since 0.95, if not earlier. At one point a basic/uncomplicated feature that circumvented a silly form of copy protection was removed, but you'd still have to go farther back before there were any changes to the ripping routines that are still used today.

If you want all the bells and whistles I imagine most recent version is the one to go with.

Reply #2
EAC v1.3 with FFmpeg to copy Flac (IMG + CUE).
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #3
Besides a more recent version, always have version 0.95 Prebeta 3 around. This was the last version that offered different methods of TOC determination, which comes handy if you're dealing with certain kinds of copy-protected discs. After this version the author decided to remove this feature for legal reasons.

Reply #4
I'm a long time user of EAC, I thought PlexTools was great but never evolved, if you want the best and are willing to pay I would go with DBpoweramp, has a few bugs here and there but it's a much improved overall ripper than EAC

Reply #5
A halfway decent ripper followed by cuetools is the way to go. Spending an hour working over the same dozen or so 6-sample frames is completely unnecessary.

Pay or don't pay for bells and whistles. To me it's about error free results whenever possible. EAC or dbpoweramp will rarely matter. I could mention that cuetools also includes cueripper, but the topic is about EAC versions, not someone's pet software.