Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1376405 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #1025
just as i thought - no change in folder location. how that displays images but the new one doesn't is beyond me.

as for the new script, i've just noticed if you set the limit to 1, it doesn't work. that's something i need to look into.

new download.exe version fixed to work with a limit of 1. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/thumbs%20download%20exe.txt

Reply #1027
Woah.

Wake up this morning, start up my machine, and for some reason your download.exe one is working for me just fine

Reply #1028
it's either magic or PEBKAC. i know where my money is......

Reply #1029
samples updated: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

now playing now shows when it's fetching images
last.fm charts you can now toggle the artist display on/off when displaying track or album charts.

artist display on

artist display off

also, all other scripts cleaned up and are using a new shared file meaning the marc2003 folder must be extracted. a side effect of these changes could mean custom background colours for certain panels being lost. simply use the context menu to set them again.

Reply #1030
Well, I wanted a script to edit the tag for the music to "%skip% 1" for use with foo_skip, again if I click "%skip% = 0", and that I can edit the button image
(Sorry google translator is bad...)

Reply #1031
Marc2003, any idea why some artists get redirected to other artists in your last.fm bio script?

Trentemøller redirects to Talk Talk
Husky Rescue redirects to Bad Religion
Husky redirects to Troll Scientists

There are others I can't remember right now.

Interestingly, the artists that are redirected TO are also in my library...

Reply #1032
if i had your computer, i'd have thrown it away by now. you always get the most unexplainable problems that i can't ever reproduce.

try using update from the context menu.
or if it's lots of artists, browse your foobar2000 profile in windows explorer and search for and delete all files named artistinfo.json - this clears the all the cached data. i really can't explain how the wrong data gets saved for an artist????

if that doesn't work, please use foo_uie_biography from here. 

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#bv

Reply #1033
Update works, thanks.

And I love my computer! It has... personality

Reply #1034
Is anyone using the lyrics panel scritp from Br3tt? It works ok but for some reason, in some lyrics it won't respect the line breaks so I get gigantic wall of texts, making them really hard to read.

Reply #1035
unless you post the script and an example of an lrc/txt file you're having problems with, it's impossible for anyone to help. 

Reply #1036
Is anyone using the lyrics panel scritp from Br3tt? It works ok but for some reason, in some lyrics it won't respect the line breaks so I get gigantic wall of texts, making them really hard to read.

maybe because there is no line break in your lyrics! my panel doen't add line break itself, it just displays the lyrics as they are and some lyrics files are not correctly written (no line breaks at all), but that's not concerning me

Reply #1037
samples updated: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

simple biography now uses a fixed sized font instead of using foobar defaults. this makes it much more readable on windows XP and scrolling is much better.

existing users make sure the marc2003 folder is extracted from the zip as a few background changes have also been made.

Reply #1038
Thank you for your effort!

Reply #1039
@garbanzo.bean, it looks like i owe you an apology. i did manage to stumble across a bug that can cause the online info to get saved in the wrong place. it's hopefully fixed now: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

affected scripts:

last.fm charts
news / reviews / blogs
similar artists
simple biography

make sure the marc2003 folder gets extracted again.

Reply #1040
Hello.
I asked a while ago in the foo_utils thread if I could find a specific word in a text (EAC ripping log) file and copy "true" or "false" to clipboard (using context menu) if the said word exists and marc2003 suggested I post in this thread here because apparently WSH Panel Mod can do so, so here I am.

I don't know JScript  nor VBScript but know the basics of scripting so if I could get help starting my script, I could do the rest myself.
If anyone has a few minutes to help me with it, here's what I want to do:

Select album in library view, right click and copy basic infos (%album%, %title%, etc..) to clipboard. This would be pretty easy I'm sure.
When I right click, I want the script to look for the .log file in the album folder and search for specific words in that log file and copy some infos to clipboard depending of the text it finds.

The .log file always has this line as the first one:
Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 4 from 23. January 2008
What I'm interested in copying to clipboard is the EAC Version from that line, so V0.99 prebeta 4 in this case, but it could be another version.
The script would have get the text after Exact Audio Copy and before the first instance of from.

I would also copy to clipboard "yes" or "no" depending if the script finds specific files in the album folder. For instance, if it finds a .CUE file then it's "yes".

And is there a way to get the image dimensions (width & height) from Cover.jpg in the album folder as well?
There are a few other things I'd like the script to do, like finding in the .log file how many tracks accurately ripped and how many didn't, but what I mentionned above would be a GOOD start.

Feel free to help me out, or not.
Thanks in advance or thanks anyway

Reply #1041
you might want to check that thread again. there was no mention whatsoever of using this with the windows clipboard. 

edit: i wasn't sure if it was possible to use the windows clipboard but i just found out how . i can copy/paste text just fine.

cuetools is far better suited for checking log files and verifying if rips are accurate. see the thread here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66233

i already have an album art reading script. it did used to display image dimensions but i removed it. i guess it would be fairly trivial to add it back again.

samples updated: simple biography now has a context menu item to copy text to the clipboard. kinda pointless but meh.

Reply #1042
too late to edit the last post again. another update, both the artreader and cd jewel case scripts now have a tooltip to show the image dimensions.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

Reply #1043
simple biography updated. if you set a non-english language and there is no bio found, it can check again and look for english. you can turn this behaviour off via the context menu if you don't want it.

EDIT: a few more updates:

because of the above changes, simple biography can now update automatically again. also, playback stats for the artist are back.

thumbs now has a feature where it can read a URL from the windows clipboard and download the image to the current folder. if in custom folder mode and there are multiple folders, it uses the first one. it has fairly rudimentary checking - the url must being with http:// and end with either png, jpg or gif. to use, simply right click an image in a browser and select copy image location (wording may depend on browser). now right click the panel and you should see the option Download clipboard link to this folder.

Reply #1044
thumbs updated.

large improvements to performance when dealing with lots of images in a folder. the initial folder scan, panel resizing and settings change could still cause foobar to choke for a second or two but scrolling now works perfectly. i did this by stitching all the thumbnails into one image. just to note, this is only an issue when using silly amounts of images. using last.fm mode at the default of 5 or even the maximum of 20 is absolutely fine. it takes a fair bit more than that before you'd notice it.

Reply #1045
@marc2003
request: last.fm charts panel without the "bar" and play button

example:

Reply #1048
simple request for the news/reviews/blogs script:  if the script is still fetching, could that be displayed by f.e. "[fetching info]". Some searches take a long time (means: a few seconds) so that you can't be sure the first 4 - 5 seconds if the script is still fetching or nothing has been found.

I like this echonest stuff: it f.e. let me know that there is a movie about "a tribe called quest". Have you checked how useful the other sources are or could be? Biographies (maybe there is a better one than in last.fm), video, audio, urls and so on.

By the way: an idea for an new script (youtube videos of a certain artist): 

(screenshot of amarok)

Reply #1049
well i've never seen it take more than a second but i've added a "fetching info" message regardless...

i've looked at the echonest biographies and all they have is last.fm and wikipedia. the rest of the sources aren't even a full sentence. i won't use wikipedia as there are no line breaks. it's just a huge wall of text and is unreadable. also, i believe ssenna's proper biography view component has a built in wikipedia reader.

i might take a look at what other info i can get from echonest if i can be bothered.

as for youtube, i already have a buttons script (web links) that will open youtube in a browser with the artist/title as the search term. i see no point in previewing this within foobar because you'd have to open a browser anyway. i know this contradicts what news/reviews/blogs does but youtube is a single site and is much easier to navigate than doing a google search for all the info that echonest provides.