Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converter output tagging (FLAC) (Read 2189 times) previous topic - next topic

Converter output tagging (FLAC)

Hello, I have a simple question: How do I change the way Foobar's converter creates tags namely for FLAC files? I was not able to find the setting anywhere. For examlple I do not want foobar to save the "album artist" at all etc.

Thanks

Reply #1
you can't change how tags are transferred. if you don't like them, delete them when it's complete. tick the box in the converter window to show all files when it's done.

or use something other than foobar.

Reply #2
Yeah but I usually need to convert quickly from ape+cue images to separate .flac files before I save them to my D2. I have no time to edit tags and I don't know of any tool that can convert form ape+cue images to the flac files as simply as Foobar does. Is there really no way?

Reply #3
make masstagger script, and pin it to button

Reply #4
Thanks for your replies guys, but I guess I'll just create additional cue sheets where I'll delete the PERFORMER "xxx" value for each album, so I'll have two cuesheets per album. So much work to do... Hope it'll work...

Reply #5
i'm not sure i understand the problem. if you're converting to single flac files and you tick the box to leave the window open like i said, you can highlight all your new files by pressing ctrl-a, right click, properties, and then remove the tags you don't want all in one go.

Reply #6
i'm not sure i understand the problem. if you're converting to single flac files and you tick the box to leave the window open like i said, you can highlight all your new files by pressing ctrl-a, right click, properties, and then remove the tags you don't want all in one go.

Yeah now I understand! I think I didn't read your reply last time properly, now I got it! Thanks and sorry for my slower thinking... :-D Excellent

To clarify my problem: I have an Cowon D2, which dispalys incorrectly ALBUM tag when ALBUM ARTIST tag is present in flac file. Then it displays for example "Album: Artist=Various". When Foobar detects in a cuesheet that one or more tracks have different PERFORMER value than the first PERFORMER in disc info (if present), it adds the ALBUM ARTIST tag to the files. When all tracks have the same PERFORMER as is the general disc's PERFORMER tag, it doesn't. So I just want Foobar not to save the album artist at all, as it causes problems...
Now I will have to remember to delete this tag from the files after the conversion when I convert VA albums etc.

Thanks again...