Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel) (Read 349754 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #1150
found a way to do what I want with the tooltips, great component!  :D

Reply #1151
Is there a way of wating for a CMD command without blocking the entire panel? For ex:

Helper:
Code: [Select]
const WshShell = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');

function _q(value) {
return '"' + value + '"';
}

function _runHidden() {
try {
WshShell.Run([...arguments].map((arg) => {return _q(arg);}).join(' '), 0, true);
return true;
} catch (e) {
return false;
}
}

Main file:
_runHidden(streaming_extractor_music.bat, path, essentiaJSON, essentiaPath);
... do someting with output json

Bat file:
@ECHO OFF
REM Helper to execute essentia.exe (%3) on input (%1) and save output to file (%2)
REM Retrieves LRA data as json
SET essPath=%3
%essPath% %1 %2

So when running the bat file, the panel gets blocked. But setting WshShell.Run last arg to false to not wait for termination does not inform the process when it ends.... I was hoping to get somewhat a promise functionality without luck.

Is there a better way than checking for an output file every 100 ms with an interval func or something like that? (or maybe I'm missing another approach to it)

Reply #1152
@TheQwertiest,

pretty excited and scared for foobar2000 v2 x64, because not only Georgia-ReBORN, but your CatRox theme, Eole and many other themes using UIHacks will not work ( I guess ).
I saw in your TODO list you wanted to implement the UIHacks features directly into SMP, I guess you should prioritize this on your list now :-)

Hope your doing well!

-TT

Reply #1153
Who really cares about UI hacks? Hiding the title bar is nothing.

A far more important dependency for themes like Eole/Catrox/etc is Panel Stack Splitter which will never be updated. I suspect a good chunk of people will stick with 32 bit for that (and many other components that won't be updated).

Reply #1154
A far more important dependency for themes like Eole/Catrox/etc is Panel Stack Splitter which will never be updated. I suspect a good chunk of people will stick with 32 bit for that (and many other components that won't be updated).
Maybe consider using foo_uie_jsplitter instead of pss

Reply #1156

Yep, that would exactly be the reason not to switch to 64bit. Pss and ELplaylist would be the reasons for me to stick to 32bit.

Reply #1157
Why would PSS never be updated?

Well it has been 13 years since the last release. Perhaps I should have used the word unlikely rather than never.

Reply #1158
I agree: PSS or similar not being available would be a desaster!

Reply #1159
Who really cares about UI hacks? Hiding the title bar is nothing.

I do care and many others too :P. Not only is it for hiding the title bar, but it has also features like window size manipulation, minimum size, drop shadow, etc.

You're right about that, forgot they're using the pss, also Lyrics Show Panel 3 ( hope Openlyrics will get a 64bit ver ) and your and Mordred's enhanced playcount and many other essential components will get into trouble.
Nevertheless there will be exciting times when foobar2000 v2 x64 will be released, let see if new components will arise...

-TT

Reply #1160
Maybe consider using foo_uie_jsplitter instead of pss
Does anyone have a link for jsplitter? I can't seem to find it in the forums. Thanks.

Reply #1163
The new V2.0 Beta has broken the ratings on JS Playlist. The stars can't be selected anymore. JS Smooth still works.

Reply #1164
"JS Smooth still works". Actually, it does not. It functions (unlike JS Playlist) but it doesn't save any info.

Reply #1165
Scripts with no concept of fb2k v2 will now always write tags when rating stars are clicked.

This is because previous checks for the existence of foo_playcount will always return false. These scripts should be updated or binned.

And trying to display %rating% no longer works because this field is taken over by playback statistics. Scripts need to be updated to use %rating% for playback statistics and $meta(rating) for file tags. And then functionality needs to be built in to scripts to decide what happens they are clicked.

All this might be confusing for people who aren't familiar with how foo_playcount used to work in the past as it has always taken over the %rating% field. But now it's no longer optional and everyone is affected by it.

Reply #1167
Using SMP built-in JSSPM, in the 1.6 series I can directly drag music into the playlist, but update to version 2.0 can not drag, please anyone know what the reason is?

Reply #1168
Please tell me, is a version for foobar2000 version 2.0  64 bit planned?

Reply #1169
Using SMP built-in JSSPM, in the 1.6 series I can directly drag music into the playlist, but update to version 2.0 can not drag, please anyone know what the reason is?

I don't use JSSPM but I just installed it into Darkone to test it. It works for me with Beta 7 32 Bit.

Make sure you have a line like this in your SMP Configuration...
window.DefinePanel("JS Smooth Playlist Manager", { features : { drag_n_drop : true }});

Reply #1170
Make sure you have a line like this in your SMP Configuration...
window.DefinePanel("JS Smooth Playlist Manager", { features : { drag_n_drop : true }});
There is such code that exists, the same in the 1.6 series can be dragged
window.DefinePanel("JS Smooth Playlist Manager", { author : "Br3tt aka Falstaff", features : { drag_n_drop : true }});

Reply #1171
I'd be amazed if v2 broke anything. It certainly hasn't affected my component/scripts.

I hope you're not running fb2k as admin and trying to drag from Explorer? That breaks all drag/drop.

Reply #1173
Yeah, that's weird. It's almost like it updated with Admin rights. I can't think of anything else it could be. At first I thought maybe it could work with the older Foobar without the Drag'n'Drop Callbacks code in jsspm.js but I removed it and (no surprise) it doesn't work.

Reply #1174
@Fizbin @marc2k3,I'm sorry. It's that I didn't test enough. smp v1.6.1 drag-and-drop behavior is good, the problem is v1.6.2 dev.