Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WANTED: A Better Global Search of Playlists (Read 1150 times) previous topic - next topic

WANTED: A Better Global Search of Playlists

Specifically, a global search function that will 1) tell you the source playlist where each found track resides. Ideally, I'd like to have a right-click context menu on any search result that will take you to the track in its source playlist, or allow you to quickly remove the track from its source playlist (while still staying within the search results).

In addition, 2) a global search function that does not constrain horizontal resizing of the main Foobar window.

Yes, I am asking for an alternative to foo_quicksearch because the above issues have been raised with its creator but it has been of no avail.

Re: WANTED: A Better Global Search of Playlists

Reply #1
The foo_utils component enables a context menu that can remove the selected track from a playlist, and highlight it in the playlist. May want to see if it suits.

Re: WANTED: A Better Global Search of Playlists

Reply #2
I think it would be pretty easy to knock up a script for WSH panel mod/JScript Panel to do this. It would have to be a button/panel though. I'll post something when I have time.