Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.5 beta 16 new tags in properties dialog (Read 1494 times) previous topic - next topic

1.5 beta 16 new tags in properties dialog

In 1.5 beta 16, the redesigned properties dialog is sweet, but when adding new tags, it no longer suggests tag names which exist in the library.

This was a very useful feature - it ensures you don't misspell tag names, which may be non-standard but still systematic, whether it's iTunes' UNSYNCED LYRICS tag or Discogs tags or various special tags I use for titleformatting rules in playlist view (e.g. DISCTITLE).

Hope the feature can be added back!

Re: 1.5 beta 16 new tags in properties dialog

Reply #1
OK, replying for myself: it does work.
It's just that it only starts compiling the tags from now. It's now suggesting a couple of my own tags which I've already typed.

I'd still appreciate suggestions from my existing library, but if I have to re-enter them all once then so be it.

Reply #2
I now have a different problem: I have tag names with typos which are now being suggested when clicking "add new".
In the old dialog there was a little arrow which would show the list, and you could delete items out of it.

Could we please have a way to delete suggested tag names now? Or a way of clearing all cached names.

I notice also that eve though they all show in ALL CAPS, the suggestions are oddly capitalized. I had "INDEX" and then I must have typed "In" and then accepted the full word, and now it's suggesting "InDEX".

Thanks.

Reply #3
Could we please have a way to delete suggested tag names

Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties dialog -> Field name suggestions