Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio format that supports lyrics (Read 4947 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio format that supports lyrics

I don't know why they didn't do this yet, but for me it would be very nice if there was an audio format which supports lyrics. Do you know something about that?

Thx

[span style='font-size:9']edit: sp[/span]

Reply #1
You could add tags that contain lyrics to almost every format.

What exactly are you thinking about?

if you use mp3 there's also a tagging system called lyrics3.
You can syncronize the lyrics in this sytem with the audio but it takes some time to do.

Reply #2
Very cool, but I have another question. If it's already available, why nobody uses it? And how do I know if a song has or not these tags? How can I put the lyrics in a MP3 song myself? (PS I use winamp)

Reply #3
Winamp Plug-ins Search: Lyrics

it is very rare that you will download a MP3 with the lyrics already in them.

Reply #4
You can add the most commen tags with winamp it self by clicking the green text in winamp.
If you plan on doing much tagging you should find a tagger (a program design to tagging files.) that will make it a lot faster and you can add more tags.

My favorite tagger is helium2: www.helium2.com
There are many others though.

For showing the tag in winamp you can get the plugin EAR:

www.helium2.com/ear

You get the tag shown in the minibrowser in winamp when you install that.

Reply #5
you coulde also uise the .ogm (oog coantainer format)

makine the lyrtics like subtitles and use the cd covers as pictures (instead of movie track)

and the song as audiostream

yuo coudl even encode the ENTIRE CD-wav liek this and make chapters for eahg song

thereby having an ENTIRE  album in one file
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #6
Is there a tool for muxing of subtitles, pictures etc. to  .ogm? And for playing back?

Reply #7
s there a tool for muxing of subtitles, pictures etc. to .ogm? And for playing back?

I know it's possible, but I've never heard of any simple utility to do this. What's going to take the longest time is manually timing the lyrics to match the music. You have to create a text file with the lyrics and the timing, maybe someone can post a sample text file, i don't have one handy.  But "Necessity is the Mother of invention" so maybe an OGG Karaoke machine will come along sometime.
-SmokesLikeaPoet