Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Old amplifier: low humming on one output, "bleeds through" to others too (Read 1230 times) previous topic - next topic

Old amplifier: low humming on one output, "bleeds through" to others too

It's been 5 years since I was able to get my old Soviet amplifier working with your help. It hasn't popped a fuse since, but recently I noticed a low humming noise on the left channel. This hum is always present on all input channels to a certain degree except one, where the noise is much louder and is present on both channels.

I have tried disconnecting everything but the speakers, but the hum is still present. If anything, disconnecting the input cables actually makes the hum louder. What could be causing this?

I have the full schematic here. I've marked the input selector part of the schematic, do tell if you need more info.

Re: Old amplifier: low humming on one output, "bleeds through" to others too

Reply #1
On possible reason and the most probable is dry electrolytic caps. You ned to test them.