Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Prevent windows to enter sleep mode while Foobar streaming songs. (Read 2842 times) previous topic - next topic

Prevent windows to enter sleep mode while Foobar streaming songs.

Hello,
I tried to find a way to prevent windows to enter in sleep mode when i'm streaming music with foobar but I failed.

I saw differents topics and tried to install the components listed below but still failed :
  - foo_AdvancedControls.fb2k-component
  - foo_upnp.fb2k-component

I'm under windows 10 (v1702) with Foobar v1.3.9.
I may have done something wrong somewhere ... but I don't know what to check.

Is there anyone able to help me check parameters and see if I went wrong ?

Thank a lot.

Re: Prevent windows to enter sleep mode while Foobar streaming songs.

Reply #1
If the old UPnP component can't prevent sleep on its own you can use this simple component I just uploaded: foo_nosleep.

Reply #2
How about Windows power settings? There are options regarding preventing sleep when sharing and playing multimedia. Also foobar had some option to prevent screen saver. Enabling it and turning off the screen manually should also help.

Reply #3
Utilizing OS functionality would require using the APIs they specify. The old foo_upnp is abandoned so one can't expect changes there.

foobar2000 natively prevents sleep while it's playing and the additional features to prevent display powering off only activate while foobar is playing. There is no built-in feature to prevent sleep when nothing is playing and foobar2000 isn't doing one of its time consuming tasks (such as converting files or ReplayGain scanning).

Reply #4
I downloaded a (very) small program that I just run (from a desktop icon) whenever I don't want my machine to go to sleep. It's called Insomnia and works very well. Here's the download link at Major Geeks:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/insomnia.html

Reply #5
If the old UPnP component can't prevent sleep on its own you can use this simple component I just uploaded: foo_nosleep.
Case:  foo_nosleep works a charm to solve OP issue on my system today.  I have a BubbleUPnP Controller on Android controlling Win10 foobar2000 media server / BubbleUPnP server broadcasting WiFi to old Chromecast Audio.  With foo_nosleep (appears in foobar2000 Playback menu), the monitor goes into power save mode, but Win10 is prevented from going to sleep.  This component / functionality should be built into foobar2000.  Thank you so much.