Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting Wma Files (Read 4076 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting Wma Files

Hi all
I am searching for a tool that can split and trim WMA files as musicutter does with MP3 and OGG vorbis files.
Or are there other windows media splitting possibilities??
Please help. I would like to split large files without reencoding.

Splitting Wma Files

Reply #1
There is MP3 Cutter Joiner - Shareware
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]

Splitting Wma Files

Reply #2
thanks for your advice but there is no chance to control this mp3 cutter joiner using keyboard only. And while I am blind I cant use it.
Is there other possibility to split large WMA file into smaller ones? I need it for cutting some recorded radio shows.

Splitting Wma Files

Reply #3
Perhaps you can use ASFTools.
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

Splitting Wma Files

Reply #4
I have not used this myself, but  was told would work...
Once you installed Windows Media Encoder 9, there is a file editor application that can split WMA (or any ASF) file. This is a GUI application. Additionally, a script (command line) encoder, WMCmd.vbs would also get installed. You can use this VB script to split WMA's: cscript wmcmd.vbs -input ... -output ... -time ...