Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possibly a foobar display bug with Windows 10 1809? (Read 1126 times) previous topic - next topic

Possibly a foobar display bug with Windows 10 1809?

So I feel kinda silly, I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, all I know was this wasn't the case before and since upgrading to 1809 from 1803 recently, that was when I noticed it, so I'm guessing something with Windows 10 1809 is to blame, anyways... the problem.

For some odd reason I have these boxes in my foobar when they used to be solid thick lines as separators (similar to the above ones) and for my "Rating" they used to be shown as stars. It's like Windows 10 now doesn't recognize these special characters or something, any ideas? All I can say was the only thing that has changed with my foobar setup was the Windows 10 update, nothing about foobar has been touched so I can't think of anything else that would cause this, all components are up to date and currently running latest stable of foobar2000 v1.4.0.

Again I feel like it's not a foobar problem, but I also have no idea what I would change in foobar to make things look correct again, this is a very ancient skin from like 5 years ago. But here's hoping one of you gurus might know of something.

EDIT: Not my pictures, but I was able to google up some images of what it's suppose to look like...
https://i.imgur.com/CrTH2cT.png
https://i.imgur.com/e2k6May.jpg

Re: Possibly a foobar display bug with Windows 10 1809?

Reply #1
You are correct to blame Microsoft. :D Already discussed here.

Reply #2
Dammit Microsoft.  >:( 

At least I know I'm not alone on this one, so is this just a "sit tight and wait for MS to fix their bug" kind of thing?

What is the bug exactly, if I were to report the bug what would I say... I just wanna make sure MS know about it to some degree.

Reply #3
So I made a little post about this over on reddit and it picked up a bit of traction I guess, one of the MS devs said they would look into things, progress! I've also received two PMs about replacing the 1809 fonts with the ones found from here but I have not tried it, another simpler fix is to change foobars font to Segoe UI Symbol but that might make other issues with how you want things to look...

And I guess two blogs picked this up too, Winaero and gHacks, they both recommend updating/re-installing your graphics driver, again I have not tested this, I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers myself (416.34) which were updated after 1809, so I doubt this one will work personally.

Reply #4
Of course same problem :) with 1809 build