Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Need help please ] - Detecting wav's made from m4a (AAC) (Read 5050 times) previous topic - next topic

[Need help please ] - Detecting wav's made from m4a (AAC)

Can someone please tell me is there any software which can show me real difference regarding freq. between m4a and .wav files? I've just tried 'spectral frequency' on Audition, but there is no freq. difference between those two on same file. One is m4a other is wav and freq is the same on graph. I'm trying to delete m4a files previously converted to wav. Any suggestions?

Re: [Need help please ] - Detecting wav's made from m4a (AAC)

Reply #1
There is a program that can detect of a .wav file seeesm to be form orignal CD or from a lossy compressed source. but the name elludes me at  the momment

i would like to say the name was CDauct or something along that line. but googling it gave me nothing.
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #3
Many thanks @sven_Bent , I just tried. Unfortunately it says CDDA 100% for AAC (LC) m4a files :(

Reply #4
Many thanks @sven_Bent , I just tried. Unfortunately it says CDDA 100% for AAC (LC) m4a files :(

You won't find a reliable way to do this, although tools will sometimes catch transcoded files.