Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to convert FLAC to MP3 or some other iTunes-compatible format? (Read 1656 times) previous topic - next topic

How to convert FLAC to MP3 or some other iTunes-compatible format?

First off, I don't know if this is the proper part of the forum, if it isn't, can a mod please move it to the right section.

I've got a bunch of FLAC files, and I didn't know they couldn't be imported to my very first iPod Touch -- yes I've had an iPod before, but the U2 Edition -- anyeverway, how can I go about reencoding the FLAC files so that iTunes will then see them and import them so I can transfer them over to the iPod..?!
Michael

Reply #1
First off, I don't know if this is the proper part of the forum, if it isn't, can a mod please move it to the right section.

That depends. Are you asking with specific reference to foobar2000?

Reply #2

I've got a bunch of FLAC files, and I didn't know they couldn't be imported to my very first iPod Touch -- yes I've had an iPod before, but the U2 Edition -- anyeverway, how can I go about reencoding the FLAC files so that iTunes will then see them and import them so I can transfer them over to the iPod..?!

If you want to do it in foobar, download LAME Mp3 encoder windows binaries, and follow this guide.