Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Volume field for title formatting (Read 4389 times) previous topic - next topic

Volume field for title formatting

Hey everyone,
I wonder if there is any %_volume% - like field available for foobar2000 title formatting, which returns the actual playback volume as percentage, dB or whatever.
If not, this ought to be a feature request.

I want to use it for something like
Code: [Select]
$progress2(%_volume%,100,100,|,:)

[EDIT] I read that requests for a volume bar arent allowed any more in this forum. This could provide a nice workaround for those users who only want to see the volume bar but not to actually change it directly. [/EDIT]

Thx
Piet

Reply #1
Thats just, what I want to know? I want the volume shown in the statusbar (not change it). Any ideas?

Reply #2
If you just want to show it in the status bar, what's wrong with the "Show volume" feature that has been around for "ages"?

Default UI: Preferences -> Display -> Default User Interface: Show volume
Columns UI: Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Statusbar/Systray: Show volume

Isn't this one even enabled by default?
Feature: If you double click it, it opens the relevant page in preferences.

[EDIT] I read that requests for a volume bar arent allowed any more in this forum. This could provide a nice workaround for those users who only want to see the volume bar but not to actually change it directly. [/EDIT][a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256554"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That is history, at least if you use Columns UI, as you can now use the foo_uie_volume plugin to get a volume slider.

I'm not aware of any %_volume% field, but that could be because I don't care about it.

Tip of the day: Get yourself an amplifier with a volume knob and/or a remote control. 

Reply #3
I know the feature of the both the normal ui and of columns UI. However I wan't to create a "progress-bar" with some |||. (As several people have a 'real' progressbar for the playing song). The one of the volume will of course be static.

I also know of the foo_uie_volume plugin. Nevertheless I haven't found a formatting string, that gives me back the current volume. Thats everything I want. Don't know, wether foo_uie_volume provieds such one?! Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you!

Tip of the day: Get yourself an amplifier with a volume knob and/or a remote control.

My 20 year old Grundig amplifier broke down few days ago (

Reply #4
Hop

Reply #5
sorry - this is still interesting me. How does for example foo_uie_volume retrieve the current volume? only available via the sdk and thus a plugin? can't be the thing!

Reply #6
There is currently no way to retrieve the volume through a formatting string. The foo_uie_volume plugin just adds a volume control to the ui (it looks the same as the standard seekbar, afaik).

Reply #7
however the volume bar manages to get the current volume.

So this is a kind of request to the developers. I know, that all requests dealing with volume are unpopular.

Re: Volume field for title formatting

Reply #8
Is the fb.volume data available in the title format variables?

Re: Volume field for title formatting

Reply #9
I would also love for this value to be available as a title formatting string. Even though it is present in the status bar--it is only present here, which means this is the only thing I actually need the status bar for. I would much rather have this be a string so I can just get rid of the status bar entirely, as it otherwise takes up room I could be using for anything else.
Didn't realize this thread was two decades old before replying, sorry.