Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4582947 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5100
you shouldn't use the extension (jpg)

Columns UI

Reply #5101
Don't really understand what you mean by not using the extension. Then it doesn't work entirely. I guess you would figure that the playlist artwork would show from the same source as the 'Artwork View'.

Columns UI

Reply #5102

[edit] disable built in foobar reader (as above), and you'll see that your source isn't working

Columns UI

Reply #5103
Oh ok I see. But what I'm talking about -  playlist vs artviewer:

Columns UI

Reply #5104
refresh your playlist and disable built-in reader as suggested to see what i'm talking about
the artwork in the NG playlist is defined as "front cover"

Columns UI

Reply #5105
ok Disabled built in reader and restarted foobar even and now I dont have any artwork.

EDIT: are there any setup guides that explain basic setups? like something as simple as what I'm trying to do?

Columns UI

Reply #5106
so you don't have cover.(jpg, png, gif...) in the folder where the playlist items are stored.
maybe you have front.jpg or... ?

[edit] try this

Columns UI

Reply #5107
Yeah that was it, Mine was front.jpg now I'm back where I started though. I can see artwork in the artwork viewer but not the playlist. Oh well, I think I'll just disable those altogether they are just aesthetics and dont really add any important function. I really like foobar being lightweight and robust but the UI customizations are just a headache.

Columns UI

Reply #5108
I can see artwork in the artwork viewer but not the playlist.

what have you done?

put this for front cover:
[font= "Courier New"]$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front[/font]

Columns UI

Reply #5109
Yeah that's what I have for front cover.

Columns UI

Reply #5110
Hi, is there a way to have the entries in the playlist switcher panel always sorted alphabetically?

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5111
Hi All
I use foobar since 2 or 3 years and I upgrade last week to last version. I only want to show album art so I try to DL the third part component Columns UI but everytime I get this message :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wiki/columns_ui:columns_ui on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at yuo.be Port 80

Could somebody tell me what I am missing  ?
Thank you.

To day I received a link in my email box from some nice guy with the working link of Column UI , so I thank him a lot for his help.
is there anyway somebody send me the working link for album art ?
Cheers

Columns UI

Reply #5112
Hi musicmusic,

i) I would like to add a +1 to the request of "make scrollbars optional in playlist view"... I know its on the feature request page of the wiki, but just wanted to add my vote for it as well.
ii) Would it be possible for you to make the "Display column titles" feature (checkbox in the preferences) available as a command? I would like to be able to either assign a shortcut key for this or add it to the context menu for quick access. This would also be great for the first request -toggling the scrollbars, if you decide to do it

And thank you for your continued hard work on these components that make fb2k that much better!

Columns UI

Reply #5113
Hey dtromp
You don't need an extra plugin for album art if your covers have all a common path. You can use the artwork viewer component which is a part of columns ui . Just add the path in the columns ui section( in preferences) in the artwork tab.

Greetings

Columns UI

Reply #5114
Hey dtromp
You don't need an extra plugin for album art if your covers have all a common path. You can use the artwork viewer component which is a part of columns ui . Just add the path in the columns ui section( in preferences) in the artwork tab.

Greetings

Thanks a lot , I am the perfect newbie alway asking for something but you are very welcome and I find the artwork tab just today, but i have charged column ui and now there is a lot of nice art everywhere in my messed foobar but I like it and try to experiment all kind of display ...
Yes something strange : most of my covers are named folder.jpg and include inside the main folder with the Flac files , and sometimes the display covers are showed in the artwork viewer , and sometimes showed elsewhere here a link to show what I mean :

I don't know how to manage very well the viewer : here it shows the last playback , now foobar plays the rosenberg trio .
What do I miss again , I have played with the button but my english is not so good and reading the forum don't tell me everytime the truth ...
Wonderfull

Columns UI

Reply #5115
Maybe this depends if you have in the context menu displayed track playing item or current selection enabled.

Columns UI

Reply #5116

Playing around with Columns UI again, thanks to foo_upnp. See that big empty space underneath the item with Title "home"? It would be nice if I could click there and have the "home" item be selected. Perhaps select the album like what happens when you click on the album header? That behaviour would also be nice for clicking on album art.

Columns UI

Reply #5118
Maybe this depends if you have in the context menu displayed track playing item or current selection enabled.

I got it , nice that in the ocean of my ignorance you throw me a lifebelt .
May you stay helpfull as long as you don't hate me ...

Image removed by moderation.

Columns UI

Reply #5119
Hi, is there a way to have the entries in the playlist switcher panel always sorted alphabetically?
There isn't, nope. Some playlist manager/switcher type component may be able to sort them manually, not sure which ones though.

i) I would like to add a +1 to the request of "make scrollbars optional in playlist view"... I know its on the feature request page of the wiki, but just wanted to add my vote for it as well.
ii) Would it be possible for you to make the "Display column titles" feature (checkbox in the preferences) available as a command? I would like to be able to either assign a shortcut key for this or add it to the context menu for quick access. This would also be great for the first request -toggling the scrollbars, if you decide to do it
1. Not likely to ever change
2. I don't mind I guess. I will add it to that list, anyway.

See that big empty space underneath the item with Title "home"? It would be nice if I could click there and have the "home" item be selected. Perhaps select the album like what happens when you click on the album header? That behaviour would also be nice for clicking on album art.
Clicking on empty space - no it's empty space. Clicking on the art - yes that could select the group, I'll put it on the same list.

Columns UI

Reply #5120
Columns UI 0.3.6.6 released. See changelog for details.

Main change is a new/updated playlist switcher panel.

Columns UI

Reply #5121
Columns UI 0.3.6.6 released. See changelog for details.

Main change is a new/updated playlist switcher panel.

Seems like double clicking a playlist name starts playing. Great, I really missed it.

What about the sorting in the playlist switcher panel? Is it feasible at all?

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5123
Hm, the "inactive selected item" custom colour for playlist switcher doesn't work anymore...

Columns UI

Reply #5124
Confirmed, thanks for the report. It affected Item Properties panel also. It's fixed for the next build.