Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any plugin that does add date? (Read 2747 times) previous topic - next topic

Any plugin that does add date?

So...

I add songs every week, to my playlist.
And sometimes I want to sort songs or see when I added a song to my playlist.

I know there are Metadata fields I can manually add/edit. But that would be insanely time consuming.

So... what Im wondering if there is any plugin or maybe even some default settings to FooBar I don't know about.
That when a song is added to my playlist then it automatically adds add information when it was added to the playlist?

Re: Any plugin that does add date?

Reply #1
Nope.  I would recommend you a masstagger script associated to a button, but as far as I know there is no TF function to get current date...
It would be trivial to add such thing to an SMP script for an specific playlist.

If you don't mind waiting, that's a feature planned to be added here
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120979.0

Specifically, I plan to add a configurable TF expression (+ some javascript functions) which can be attached to any playlist and would apply to new tracks (for tagging) when adding them. You could therefore apply different expressions to different playlist or only limit its usage to one playlist.

Reply #2
Masstagger > 'Format value from other fields' can use %now% to get current system time.

Reply #3
Great to know it. Then you can use that in a new Masstagger preset, and bind that preset to a button applied to current selection. You would have to run it on new tracks added manually though.

Just finished implementing the auto-tag feature on Playlist Manager too, works fine. It replaces the configured tag (will not add new values to current ones).

X

On the example I have configured to add the result of a function to first tag and a string to the other tag. The function is executed in JavaScript and only those set on a given file can be called. In the example I used a "now" function. Alternatively, TF or %tag% can also be used.

Autotag would run every time a new track is added to the playlist (only) on the new tracks. If adding multiple copies of the same track, it tags them only once... even if it's done at different times.

Reply #4
Hi  Wolfbane :)

File Date Time (foo_file_datetime.dll)
bottom button [ダウンロード] click > Next Page > bottom button [Download Now] click > Save

%file_created% → [yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss}, $date(%file_created%) → [2021-07-24]
Playlist View > Columns >Add new
Name: File Created / Pattren: $date(%file_created%)

Menu > Edit > Sort > Sort by...
$sub(99999999,$replace(%file_created%,-,)) - $swapprefix(%album artist%) - $sub(3000,%date%) - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

Menu > Libray > Seach > Create Auto Playlist
%file_created% DURING LAST 8 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %file_created%
or
%file_created% DURING LAST 8 WEEKS
Playlist Manager > Playlistname right click > Autoplaylist... >
sort pattean:
$sub(99999999,$replace(%file_created%,-,)) - $swapprefix(%album artist%) - $sub(3000,%date%) - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

Library All Tracks
ALL SORT DESCENDING BY %file_created%

Auto Playlist Property - Album List branach

SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #5
^ While this is good information, they did not want "File Created" date. They wanted "Date Added To Playlist" which is not recorded anywhere by default.

Reply #6
@anamorphic

> They wanted "Date Added To Playlist"
I see. Sorry.

Playlist Search
Menu > Edit > Search

Query Syntax
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Query_syntax
Time expressions
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Query_syntax#Time_expressions
<time> DURING LAST
This is different, isn't it?
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #7
Nope because that applies to already saved date tags. But you can't retrieve the date added to the playlist (only the date added to foobar).

You may use masstagger as @anamorphic suggested to add the info manually.
Masstagger > 'Format value from other fields' can use %now% to get current system time.

Or you may use the SMP playlist manager as I did to add it automatically.