Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Two albums to one CD-R with CD-Text (Read 1267 times) previous topic - next topic

Two albums to one CD-R with CD-Text

Hello all!

I am trying to burn two different albums (same artist, an lp and ep if that helps) to one CD-R.
The problem is I am also trying to get the CD-text to show up for each song.
I want the text to display all the EP info for the EP tracks, and switch over to the LP info when it gets to those tracks (I am also trying to put a 2 second gap or something to differentiate the two).

For example, I want the text to display ----> The End (Last track of EP) - Album 1 (EP) - That year
And the next track should display as ------> The Beginning (First track of LP) - Album 2 (LP) - This year

From what I can tell the solution seems to be to make a CUE file and manually enter the info for each album, but all the examples I can find have just the one album title and consequently no gap inbetween albums.
Is this physically possible? If it is a code example would be much appreciated. I am attempting to burn via EAC if that makes any difference.

In summary- I need CD-Text to display 2 different album titles and years.

Re: Two albums to one CD-R with CD-Text

Reply #1
Impossible.
AFAIR, you can't enter two album titles on one CD.
I've done this before, but differently: you have to create one album out of these two CDs, and name it "ALBUM1 + ALBUM2". Put all the tracks in correct order in foobar2000, correct the tags and output it as one wav file and one cue file.
Burn it with software which can take track names and burn them as cd text.
As far as making the gap between tracks, I don't know if you can manually enter pregap info in cue file and will the burner automatically make gap, you can try yourself.
Error 404; signature server not available.