Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Forum font too small on full-HD displays (Read 10753 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Forum font too small on full-HD displays

Reply #75
I have no idea why this can even affect the original MX Linux Live USB session.
Live USB seems to have Roboto installed but only Light version:
Code: [Select]
$ find /usr/share/fonts -name '*[rR]oboto*'
/usr/share/fonts/extra/Roboto-Light.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/extra/RobotoMono-Light.ttf
and that's what Firefox picks up. Btw, you can use Developer Tools in Firefox (or right-click / Inspect, same thing) to check which font is actually used.

The font doesn't seem to be installed from a package:
Code: [Select]
$ dpkg -S /usr/share/fonts/extra/Roboto-Light.ttf
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/share/fonts/extra/Roboto-Light.ttf

Reply #76
Thanks. I installed fonts-roboto in Synaptic and rebooted and see no improvement.
I did that on Live USB and the difference is huge. And I didn't even reboot, firefox refreshed the page by itself after a few seconds.
X
X

Reply #77
I tried this on the MX Linux installed on the SSD and this does not happen, perhaps I further messed up things before reading ktf's post. One thing I tried is saving the HA page to disk, and manually edit the original CSS file. If I don't remove Segoe UI in the CSS file, the regular Roboto font won't show up on the page, even though it is installed and can be used on file manager, menu etc.