Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Slimx imp-350 disassembly (Read 1683 times) previous topic - next topic

Slimx imp-350 disassembly

Greetings,

My son stepped on my mp3 player recently in a fit of fatigued fervor.  I didn't notice the damage until the following day on my way to work.  One channel was out.  I was listening to Deep Purple in Rock and all I could hear was John Lord, Roger Glover and a little Ian Paice.  No Blackmore or Gillan were present.  I thought it might be a strange mix on the 25year version of the CD, but I was incorrect.  While checking the connections I yanked out the 3.5mm plug to find the tip missing.  Dang!  I had to listen to crappy radio for my entire commute.  I brought it into work and began cracking it open.

There are three screws in the top and three in the bottom.  Upon removing these the case would not crack open.  Was there a screw under the sticker on the bottom?  The answer is no.  There are blivits that must be popped in order to flop the thing open.  That's really the purpose of this post - to help folks avoid breaking these damn things off.  Here they are:

Applying a small amount of rotational force with a small flat screwdriver, I was able to pop all five of the blivits without breaking them or making a ding in the plastic with the screw driver.  Do not be afraid.  However, use caution.  I'm sure you would anyway.

Using a sharp tweezer, I was able to poke out the plug tip through the (convenient) hole in the back of the jack.  No damage done.

It's now reassabled and back in rockin' action.

Here's the rest of the photos: http://as220.org/mobius/slimx/  Notice the busy mainboard.

mobius
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.