Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WAV to ipod (Read 3926 times) previous topic - next topic

WAV to ipod

Hello All: 

I want to convert my WAV files to my ipod.  I have looked into it and have noticed that there are a few ways of accomplishing this.  What I'm wanting is to end up with the best audio quality I can get on my ipod with of course the understanding that I'll be converting from a lossless to a compressed format.  I'm looking for a compromise between size and quality. 

So, if some of you could offer some suggestings as to which way and method is the best in your experience, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks very much,

Comet

P.S.  Can I achieve the quality I want on my ipod by using Foobar2000 and does Foobar2000 have the capacity to take my WAV files and transfer them to my ipod?  Thanks

WAV to ipod

Reply #1
Use LamedropedXP from rarewares.org

WAV to ipod

Reply #2
Hello All: 

I want to convert my WAV files to my ipod.  I have looked into it and have noticed that there are a few ways of accomplishing this.  What I'm wanting is to end up with the best audio quality I can get on my ipod with of course the understanding that I'll be converting from a lossless to a compressed format.  I'm looking for a compromise between size and quality. 

So, if some of you could offer some suggestings as to which way and method is the best in your experience, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks very much,

Comet

P.S.  Can I achieve the quality I want on my ipod by using Foobar2000 and does Foobar2000 have the capacity to take my WAV files and transfer them to my ipod?  Thanks

Are you using iTunes with your iPod? If so, just put your waves into the iTunes-library, mark + rightclick them and
convert it to apple lossless which offers no quality-loss but taggable files.

If you don't want to use iTunes but foobar2000, you should have a look at

http://yuo.be/ipod.php

cu, jgro

WAV to ipod

Reply #3
He asked for "a compromise between size and quality", so he is probably looking for MP3 or MP4 (AAC)

WAV to ipod

Reply #4
He asked for "a compromise between size and quality", so he is probably looking for MP3 or MP4 (AAC)

Basically you're right, of course.    But he should abx/test his personal preference by
also using apple lossless as a given alternative to the lossy codecs in iTunes/iPod.

Especially when he asked for the best quality. 

jgro

WAV to ipod

Reply #5
Hello All: 

I want to convert my WAV files to my ipod. I have looked into it and have noticed that there are a few ways of accomplishing this. What I'm wanting is to end up with the best audio quality I can get on my ipod with of course the understanding that I'll be converting from a lossless to a compressed format. I'm looking for a compromise between size and quality.

Thanks very much,

Comet

P.S. Can I achieve the quality I want on my ipod by using Foobar2000 and does Foobar2000 have the capacity to take my WAV files and transfer them to my ipod? Thanks

I am very confused what exactly you are looking for here.  . The P.S comment even compounds the difficulty. A moderator needs to change the title of the this thread to something more appropriate. I think if I am understanding you correctly you will first want to go with Apple Lossless (if you need compatibility) or FLAC if you do not. Secondly you may want to choose between MP3/AAC again depending upon compatibility. If it were up to me I would recommend you go with AAC seeing that it's supported on the IPod, it's the new standard, and has slighly better compression ratio's then MP3.  Utimately you will need to ABX and experiment to choose the best quality setting that's appropriate for your ears if you decide to choose between the two of those. 
budding I.T professional