Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convert to Single File woes (Read 1514 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert to Single File woes

I've been trying to use FB2k 'convert to single file' to combine a bunch of .wma files into single long .ogg files, since my dumb iRiver t10 player has a file number limit.

Two problems -

a) using the 'lancer' .ogg encoder (SSE3) I get a 'can't write to output file, error 0' if I try to combine more than 100 minutes or so of sound files (at Q=0, i.e. about 64kb/s).

2) using any .ogg codec (I tried 3 versions) produces a .ogg file which =sometimes= my T10 sees as only 43 seconds (or 38 seconds, or 23 seconds - it varies, but it's always <1 minute afaict) long. Other players looking at the same file (from the copy on the T10) see it as the right length. Bytewise it IS the right length, so not sure why the T10 misreads it. Ony happens in 75% of cases - every now and then one comes out right. Naturally the player plays 43 seconds and then quits. 

I can get around this by combining to .wav (huge 1+GB files though) then even the lancer .ogg encoder will convert them fine (using dbpoweramp to manage the conversion). However this involves large .wav files, and is a nasty two stage process. So anyone got any ideas?? I hesitate to post one of the '43 second' .ogg files, since they are actually multi-10s of MBs.