Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PsyTEL MPEG-4 Encoder 2.15 / win2k/XP crashes (Read 4732 times) previous topic - next topic

PsyTEL MPEG-4 Encoder 2.15 / win2k/XP crashes

hi,

i hope someone can help me. i want to generate a 6 channel AAC file out of a 6 channel AC3. the AAC has to meet the ISMA and all the other norms.

currently i use AACMachine 0.52 with BeSweet 1.4, BeSplit 0.82 and the valid and complete rar of the psytel aacenc.exe (with pdf and all the other stuff AND the ia32math.dll).

i used the settings from a guide i found (doom9.org), so aacmachine reads out the ac3 to check the gain (+/- dB). then it writes very much but tiny ac3 files (it splits the whole ac3 using BeSplit, WHY?). then it encodes the small parts into AAC using the psytel encoder.
here is my problem. on winxp and win2k (sp2 / sp4) the aacenc.exe creates an error at the first frame of the file. on winxp, its the well-known "send bugreport"-window.
but as long its only on small part of the whole file, accmachine keeps working. the size of the part-file is 0 bytes.
next part works without errors.
after processing all those parts, it merges the tiny parts into bigger parts, and so on ... a bit stupid but perhaps it has to do this...dunno

should i use windows 98se to use this encoder? somewhere i still have cd + key ;>

whats the problem with the software? my sys is a fresh installation from saturday, everything works perfectly except this tiny part of software

is there a easier way to do a "multi-channel AC3 -> ISO-formed multi-channel AAC"?
I want to be able to specify all the stuff within the specification-range and i only want a "AC3 -> AAC"-Tool, nothing more. it would be great if there is one way for generating normal and high-quality, etc.

Greets

Reply #1
PsyTEL is very old. Use the free Nero commandline-encoder if you can (it's the "succesor" of PsyTEL).

Reply #2
PsyTEL is very old. Use the free Nero commandline-encoder if you can (it's the "succesor" of PsyTEL).

ah, a free-version without nero scout...nice  Thanks! And it can handle files larger than 4GB, great!

but now i pissed off.
If i use mp4UI to merge AAC+DivX it works, sometimes...often the app crashes.
If i use mp4creator60.exe i cannot merge the audio (AAC) file into the mp4 cause it tells me its not valid...

new standard but no way to encode into it? how lame is that? are the coders to stupid to create software which is really usefull?

if i created the audio using PsyTEL it was valid...damn Ahead!

btw. mp4UI tells me, the video is MPEG-4 Simple @ L1 ... mp4creator tells me the video is MPEG-4 Simple @ L3 ... if this is the same, why its called L1 and L3? If its not the same, which of the both apps is worth enough to get deleted? mp4UI or mp4creator60.exe?

I cannot play the mp4 video (without audio) with winamp. it opens the file but it doesnt play it. icon changes but only for some secs, theres no real video-playing

Reply #3
mp4UI is out of date. Sounds like the mp4creator build you are using is also old since from recollection the mp4creator60 project was renamed to just mp4creator some time last year. You might want to try mp4box/yamb.

Reply #4
mp4UI is out of date. Sounds like the mp4creator build you are using is also old since from recollection the mp4creator60 project was renamed to just mp4creator some time last year. You might want to try mp4box/yamb.

divx 3.11 alpha is out of date too but still works perfectly...does he done a much better job?

mp4box said:        By default media importing uses 0.5s interleaving

ERRRR, this way mp4 never get a used standard.

mp4 is the container, which means it "covers" the audio/video file(s) and adds some more meta-tags to the file-header. so, WTF i have to use so many different mp4-creator? its just the default avi-stream + default aac-stream + some different headers.
if i know the stuff i had to write into the fileheader, i would do it myself - it isnt very hard, its easy - if you know how to....

now i know why i never used stuff like matroska or something like that....the features of a container arent worth enough to spend all the time to create one.

is there a guide which isnt out-dated like doom9.org's or mpeg4ip's ???

Reply #5
mp4UI is based on old mpeg4ip code though. Doesn't support AVC, bframes, etc.

Not sure if I would say divx 3.11alpha works perfectly. From recollection there was a VfW decoding bug. It always served RGB24 despite being internally YV12. It isn't as good as DivX 6. It can't decode newer versions of DivX 6. Was basically useless before NanDub came along.

Did you try Yamb?

Reply #6
mp4UI is based on old mpeg4ip code though. Doesn't support AVC, bframes, etc.

Not sure if I would say divx 3.11alpha works perfectly. From recollection there was a VfW decoding bug. It always served RGB24 despite being internally YV12. It isn't as good as DivX 6. It can't decode newer versions of DivX 6. Was basically useless before NanDub came along.

Did you try Yamb?

well, it played all my videos perfectly

currently mp4box isnt a problem, its the nero aacencoder. it creates mp4-files but i want to create aac files.

currently i've done this (using a .bat file )

c:\app\besweet.exe -core( -input c:\temp\a.ac3 -output c:\temp\a.wav -6chwav ) -azid( -L -3db -c normal -n dialogue level ) -ota( -sc 1024 -g max )
c:\app\neroaacenc_sse2.exe -lc -if c:\temp\a.wav -of c:\temp\a.mp4
c:\app\mp4box.exe -raw 1 c:\temp\a.mp4
c:\app\mp4box.exe -add c:\temp\v.avi#video -add c:\temp\a_track1.aac#audio c:\temp\av.mp4
c:\app\mp4box.exe -isma c:\temp\av.mp4 -out c:\content\av.mp4

but after that the mp4 doesnt play.

Reply #7
prehaps my encoded video is not working? this is what my mp4 says:

* Movie Info *
        Timescale 600 - Duration 01:45:42.880
        Fragmented File no - 2 tracks
        File Brand isom - version 1
File has root IOD
Scene PL 255 - Graphics PL 255 - OD PL 255 - Visual PL 245 - Audio PL 43
No streams included in root OD