Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New free aacPlus playback plug-in for Windows Media Player (Read 39950 times) previous topic - next topic

New free aacPlus playback plug-in for Windows Media Player

Reply #25
Will this plugin work in the soon to be upcoming Windows Media Player 11 for XP (beta of which is rumoured to be released to the public on May 19th)?

Knowing you guys have tested the plugin with WMP 11 for Vista and XP would make me sleep better at night, as I understand from people who have tested it that The Ogg Vorbis/FLAC directshow filter from http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/ crashes under WMP 11.

Why don't you test yourself? http://www.9down.com/story.php?sid=6574

Anyway, for me the iliminable DS OGG filters work with WMP 11, as does the AAC+ plugin above.

Reply #26
Anyway, for me the iliminable DS OGG filters work with WMP 11, as does the AAC+ plugin above.

That is good news indeed! I also got an E-mail from Greg Ogonowski at Orban replying to my question about their aacPlus plugin working with WMP 11 for XP and WMP 11 for Vista and he said they tested it with Vista and it should also work with WMP 11 for XP (or else they would change it to make it work).

It is nice to see that you confirmed the aacPlus plugin working with WMP 11 for XP, as well as the illiminable Ogg/Flac plugin with WMP 11 for XP. Thanks for the info!

Reply #27
What about plugins for WinMobile Smartphones?

I'm also interested in whether there will be a plugin for Windows Media Mobile...

Does anyone know of a player for Windows Mobile that will play AAC/aacPlus streams? I've tried Real Mobile Player but for some reason it doesn't work on T-Mobile MDA Vario (which is a re-branded Qtek 9100).

Regards,
Goran Tomas

Reply #28
I am sure a (free) AAC plugin for WMP will come in handy in many occasions.

Thanks

PS: Offer it to Microsoft for integration in Vista

Reply #29
hello there
has anybody played an aac stream directly in the browser calling mediaplayer activex control? I guess it's still not possible because even tuner2.com serves asx playlists only. Anyway I have tryed to build an example which does not work either. can anybody look into it please and confirm or better not confirm and correct my example please?