Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: @garf: How Is Tuning Going On (Read 4448 times) previous topic - next topic

@garf: How Is Tuning Going On

I'd like to know about the current status of your tunings! If you would be so kind 

Reply #1
*cough* I'm curious as well

A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #2
I want 8kbps vorbis files too.. (i am only get 9,5kbps files with 6000Hz sample rate).

Guess i should play with Speex more 
She is waiting in the air

Reply #3
8kbps? I thought he had it down to 4?

Garf, I'll chime in on this "oggular demand" thread. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

If possible, I would also like to see in included within the updated release... regardless of practical applications (although I suspect there are quite a few we haven't considered!).

- M.

Reply #4
There has been no Vorbis-related work done whatsoever because all my time has been going into an unrelated commercial project.

As for practical applications, I'm wondering if the low bitrate stuff can be used to turn the Palm devices into portable Vorbis players. They 'quality' of those files nicely matches with the 'quality' of the Palm devices' piezoelectric speakers, onboard storage, and processor speed.

So my wishlist looks like this:

- finish up 4kbps modes
- start work on GT3
- look at Vorbis for Palm possibility

However, I wouldn't get my hopes up at seeing any of the 3 before, say, february or march.