Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Latest Nero (2.9+) has new iPod problems? (Read 2931 times) previous topic - next topic

Latest Nero (2.9+) has new iPod problems?

EDIT: IGNORE THIS.  RETRACTED.  PROBLEM WITH IPOD.

The last refresh of iPod firmware (this summer) seemed to rectify the remaining problems with iPods playing back Nero-encoded AAC files--I am not referring to the tagging problems but the encoding problems that caused 3G iPods to freeze or, after long delays, to reboot or revert to top menu.

Unfortunately, this behavior seems to have returned with the very latest (2.9.9.96) encodering.  About 80% (!!) of my files encoded with this version will not play back on my iPod.  They play back fine in iTunes and in foobar.

I didn't not have problems with my 3G iPod, but my 4G with the 3.01 firmware is unhappy.  I am sure the problem is Apple's, as was the case before, but can anyone at Ahead/Nero verify?

+Reardon

Latest Nero (2.9+) has new iPod problems?

Reply #1
EDIT: IGNORE THIS.  RETRACTED.  PROBLEM WITH IPOD.
About 80% (!!) of my files encoded with this version will not play back on my iPod.  They play back fine in iTunes and in foobar.
+Reardon
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247687"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could you elaborate on exactly what the "problem with iPod" was and how you resolved it?  I'm experiencing this with VBR AAC files on a 4G/3.02 pod and it's driving me nuts.