Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels (0x3) (Read 1145 times) previous topic - next topic

Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels (0x3)

Hello!

I've got this message: Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels (0x3)
The foo_input_sacd and foo_dsd_processor is installed.

Can anybody help me?

(foobar2000 v1.6.16)

Best regards,

Egyed Serf

Re: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels (0x3)

Reply #1
What exactly are you trying to play (file type, stream, etc.) that is giving you this error?

What Output device have you selected for playback?

Reply #2
Thanks for quick reaction!

I want ti play a FLAC file: Argent - All Together Now (1972)(US)[LP][24-96][FLAC]
This is a downloaded Hi-Res file digitalized from analog LP.

Reply #3
The output device is essential here. Foobar2000 can use exclusive mode, bypassing the Windows mixer - but if your device cannot handle the format, you will get errors. (That is what such an audio mixer takes care of ...)

Reply #4
nemevilagbol:  OK, but you didn't reply to what output device you had selected for playback.  I use the default Wasapi Exclusive output to my default audio device:  Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio) [exclusive].  Windows 10 22H2 x64.

I don't own any 24bit/96kHz FLACs, but the samples on the site here play just fine on my Foobar 1.6.16 after downloading; do they for you?:  https://anadyomene-records.com/download.htm

Reply #5
Ah so!
In Foobar chosed Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio) [exclusive] and it work!
Too bad it cannot play with my SB X-Fi Go Pro USB sound stick.
But the problem solved, thank you!

Reply #6
The output device is essential here. Foobar2000 can use exclusive mode, bypassing the Windows mixer - but if your device cannot handle the format, you will get errors. (That is what such an audio mixer takes care of ...)

Thank you too!
The output device is really mandatory. I missed that.

Reply #7
Ah so!
In Foobar chosed Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio) [exclusive] and it work!
Too bad it cannot play with my SB X-Fi Go Pro USB sound stick.
But the problem solved, thank you!
According to the specs on the Creative wesbite for that stick, it only supports "Up to 24-bit / 44.1 kHz."

You should be able to use it though if you create a selectable DSP profile for it in Foobar that just adds a resampler to change the output sample rate to 44.1kHz. for all source input rates.

Reply #8
Wow!

You are magnificent!  You made my day!
Works with SB, everything all right!

Thx!