Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Error  (Read 1024 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Error

Hi everyone,

For some months now, I've been transferring my music & M3U8 playlists from my PC to a few android phones.
Of course, before doing so, I'd run a script that changes the playlist absolute paths to relative paths.

For a reason I can't understand, this trick is not working anymore, I keep getting playback errors saying my files are not descendants of my playlist folder, which has never been the case.

I can't figure out the cause and resolution.
I thought it could be a weird android or Samsung update.
I could imagine putting my SD card absolute path could work, but since I'm transferring to multiple devices, that would be a mess (doable through scripting, but dirty).

Thanks !

Re: Playback Error

Reply #1
The descendent requirement is probably because it's requesting filesystem access for the folder the playlist lives in.

Re: Playback Error

Reply #2
Thank you, will figure out how we give filesystem access in Android, test and revert back.