Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 425797 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #100
Question: Is it just implemented that  Foobar2000 Deskband Controls 2 starts and closes automatically with foobar?

Reply #101
Thanks for this awsome addon. It works perfectly on Windows 7 32bit. I have a feature request. Can you implement the display time to static so it doesn't scroll along with the song title and artist?

Reply #102
I've a little issue with the album art support:
(foobar2000 1.1.7, win7 x64, Deskband_2)

All worked fine just up to the point, where I've multiple album arts for one album. It is an album with 3 Disc and for each disc there is a cover. My album art seach pattern is

(something...)
cover.jpg
cover_%discnumber%.jpg
album.jpg

As foobar searches in that order, it displays the file "album.jpg", when I select the whole album with multiple covers, and "cover_%discnumber%.jpg", when I select a single Track. Only Deskband won't do that. It displays my stub image instead. As I expect that the album art would be loaded via foobar, this seems quite strange to me.

Reply #103
Thanks much for this.  Got it going pretty quickly, and works well.  Except: I too am having trouble with displaying album art.  This is what I have for search pattern for front cover art in default ui preferences:

%album%.jpg
folder.jpg
$ifequal($strcmp($left(%path%,5),http:),1,d:\foobar\radio.jpg,)

Only those that conform to the second line are showing up in DeskBand Controls.  That is very few, the way I am set up.  Almost all my art is defined by the first line (I have all album .cue files and jpegs named by album in one big Foobar folder).

I am running XP.

Anything to be done about this?

Thanks again,
Nordfinn

Reply #104
I found the source of my album art issue: It happens (afaik) only, when there are embedded "icon"-Artworks. Deleting them solves the problem for playing mp3s.

Reply #105
Can you implement the display time to static so it doesn't scroll along with the song title and artist?

That would be great !
This static text zone, whose content would be defined with titleformatting in the preferences could be displayed instead of the seekbar for example.

But great component anyway
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #106
Album art problem: Thanks much for this.  Glad to have it.  Works well, except that I, too, am having trouble displaying album art.  The search pattern for cover art in my default UI is as follows:

%album%.jpg
folder.jpg

The only parameter for which DeskBand displays the art is the second, but that is very little of my art the way I am set up.  Most all of my jpegs are named by album and are in one big folder with .cue (by album) and .wav files (by album).  (Strangely, DeskBand doesn't display the "stub" image for those, but rather an image that I can't identify or track down.)

Anything to be done?  Any hints?

I am running XP.

Thanks much,
N.
(The third line search string above, by the way, came from a forum member who was looking to add art to radio streams.)

Reply #107
Thanks for this awsome addon. It works perfectly on Windows 7 32bit. I have a feature request. Can you implement the display time to static so it doesn't scroll along with the song title and artist?

You're welcome. And yes, this can be done - so, maybe in next version

Reply #108
Album art problem: Thanks much for this.  Glad to have it.  Works well, except that I, too, am having trouble displaying album art.  The search pattern for cover art in my default UI is as follows:

%album%.jpg
folder.jpg

I double-checked my code - everything is correct. This is limitation of foobar2000 API - it does not support configurable paths in album art exposed to plugins. Paths are hard-coded in foobar itself and there are two of them: "folder.jpg" and "cover.jpg". So, if you name your file folder.jpg or cover.jpg it will display in deskband. Nothing I can do here, sorry.
Possible solution is to embed album art inside media files, as this feature is present since foobar2000 v1.1.7

Reply #109
Thanks very much for checking and for the cogent explanation.

N.

Reply #110
This deskband works great but it has a really annoying bug that makes me crazy.

It's easy to reproduce: Create a playlist of shoutcast radio stations (like 5).  Play the first one and then press the Next button in the deskband quickly several times.  It *always* crashes.

The only workaround is to click Next, wait for the next shoutcast radio to get ready and start playing, and then press Next again, and so on until you get to the station you wanna listen to.  It's a pain when you have a playlist of 20 stations and you just don't want to open the main foobar window.

It doesn't happen using the Next/Prev buttons of the foobar window, just with the deskbands.

It also doesn't happen with a normal playlist, it has to be internet radio stations.

Code: [Select]
Illegal operation:
Code: AA67913Ch, flags: 00000001h, address: 752BB9BCh
Bug check

Call path:
entry=>app_mainloop=>main_thread_callback::callback_run=>on_playback_new_track

Reply #111
Hi Scorpius666. Thanks for the report, I will try to fix this issues.
And a little news - a new version is coming soon

Reply #112
Thank you for this excellent plugin!

However, sometimes it crashes foobar when i harass volume bar, but not often

one suggestion:
- add saving/loading presets (drop-down list with save and load buttons instead of current preset buttons would be nice)

Regards

Reply #113
Hi Scorpius666. Thanks for the report, I will try to fix this issues.
And a little news - a new version is coming soon

Wow! That's great news!

I stopped using WinAMP and MediaMonkey just because this deskband exists for foobar.  That should get you an idea of how awesome this deskband is!

Reply #114
Happy new year to everyone!

Here's version 0.3 of Deskband Controls.

New stuff:
   - new trackbars, more "media-player" style
   - static text with title formatting support
   - configuration presets
   - fixed crush when user performs many frequent actions (changing volume, proceeding to next track a few times, etc.)

Download Deskband Controls

Reply #116
Thanks for the new version.
Did you try to contact Peter about adding the component to the official repository?

Reply #117
Hi Adam. No, not yet. But I will do, eventually

Reply #118
Thanks again for your component, and the new stuffs are really great

Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #119
I downloaded the upgrade and loaded in the component panel,but now I cannot get it to work. The layout controls are all srewed up.
Even removing the new version and loading the previous one will not remedy the situation.
Help please.

I did unregister the old version, and registered the new on. Deskband  shows up in the toolbar menu,  but selecting it will not have it show up in the toolbar.

Reply #120
Hi kraut. Make sure that you updated both foobar plugin (foo_deskband_controls.dll) and deskband (deskband_controls.dll). Both must be uninstalled first (plugin must be removed from foobar). Note that explorer.exe should be restarted after you unregister deskband dll (you can kill it in task manager, then run it again from File - New Task...) You can also try to remove plugin configuration file (located at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\configuration\foo_deskband_controls.dll.cfg). Then install new version, run foobar and open deskband panel (deskband is almost invisible when foobar is not opened). In configuration dialog select appropriate preset, click Load and then Apply.

Reply #121
Thanks, works now. Looks and works great. Excelllent plugin - should be part or foobar essentials.

Reply #122
Happy new year to everyone!

Here's version 0.3 of Deskband Controls.

New stuff:
   - new trackbars, more "media-player" style
   - static text with title formatting support
   - configuration presets
   - fixed crush when user performs many frequent actions (changing volume, proceeding to next track a few times, etc.)

Download Deskband Controls

Outstanding!

Thank you.

Reply #124
With a Width field for Text1 we would solve that, don't you think?
All the presets have Text1 at the right of the deskband so nobody notices it.  Maybe I'm picky, but I think I got used to have the Text2 (the time) at the right of Text1

Yeah, that was by design from the start. I'll add width to both text strings, no problems