Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with all2lame / windows cmd generally (Read 2940 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with all2lame / windows cmd generally

Hey,
I just got all2lame as well as flac, tag, and lame and have also set the locations.
However, when I try to encode I don't get any output files. The cmd processing box appears and runs away just as quickly so I can't actually have a look at what it's doing
in detail.

So my first question is how do I stop this cmd box from disappearing? Or force it to log into a .txt file.
The second is how do I encode flac files to mp3? (I don't care about tags and names at this point)
I'm rusty on all the different kinds of files, lossless and lossy, vbr cbr v0 etc. I just used a switch I found googling:
-V 0 -vbr-new -add-id3v2 -ignore-tag-errors

(my mp3 player supports cbr/vbr  and up to 320 bitrate as mp3)

Yeah it's my first post and probably a noobish question, but I checked the search function and google and since all I see is "it simply doesn't work" I need to ask for support.

Help with all2lame / windows cmd generally

Reply #1
So my first question is how do I stop this cmd box from disappearing?
You could try lame blahblahblah && pause.

Or force it to log into a .txt file.
lame blahblahblah > log.txt

I just used a switch I found googling:
-V 0 -vbr-new -add-id3v2 -ignore-tag-errors
And therein lies the problem, quite possibly.

You need two hyphens before “vbr-new” and all other commands whose names are more than one character long.

Moreover, there’s not much point telling it to --add-id3v2 without specifying any ID3v2 fields to add… (If you were having tag.exe or something else add the tag, then you should remove LAME’s own tagging routines from the equation.)