Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hanging Indent in title formatting? (Read 676 times) previous topic - next topic

Hanging Indent in title formatting?

Can I create a hanging indent using title formatting?

In my FLAC files, I have a tag called PERFORMER into which I enter multiple values for all performers on a track like so:

[blockquote]John Lennon (guitar, vocals); Paul McCartney (bass, vocals); George Harrison (guitar, vocals); Ringo Starr (drums, vocals)[/blockquote]

In ColumnsUI, I have a panel that lists the performers on the playing track.  To make it a list, I am applying the following script:

[blockquote]  * $replace(%performer%,'),',')'$crlf()  *)[/blockquote]

This gives me a nice list using asterisks as bullet points.  It's great until the performers play so many instruments that the panel is not wide enough.  The word wrap to the hard left on the 2nd+ lines is ugly.  I would much prefer a left-justified first line with subsequent wrapped lines indented automatically by a few spaces or a tab or something simple.

I looked at the control character codes but I don't see a way to use those to make this work.  Anyone have an answer?