Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Building a loudness compensation curve in Equalizer APO v1.3 (Read 661 times) previous topic - next topic

Building a loudness compensation curve in Equalizer APO v1.3

I just purchased a new Fiio K7 BT.  Nice unit for headphones - replacing a Creative G6.  The Fiio sounds terrific.  Clearly a nice DAC.

I miss the low-volume EQ that was switchable in the G6 for desktop speaker use.

Many have suggested using EQ APO v1.3.  It's installed, and it works.  But what would a properly designed loudness compensation curve look like?  I have a feeling it's more subtle than simply the shape of a U or V.

My purpose is for low-level desktop speaker use, not headphones, etc.  I am outputting through standard RCA phono cables to the input of a small, older SONY receiver that has no switchable "loudness" setting.

Thanks for any input!

Re: Building a loudness compensation curve in Equalizer APO v1.3

Reply #1
I am an idiot - more probing in the submenus shows that a filter is part of EQ APO to accomplish exactly what I want.