Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WASAPI is being muted (Read 1540 times) previous topic - next topic

WASAPI is being muted

I'm using WASAPI output in foobar and when I open another program that plays sound, foobar is muted. From what I read, the exact opposite should happen. If I open, for example, a youtube video first then open foobar, foobar plays for maybe half a second then both are muted. I close foobar and the youtube video continues muted. I have to pause, wait a bit and play again to get sound or in case of other applications I must restart them. When I open foobar first and close the other application later, the sound from foobar is unmuted immediately.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and latest foobar version and WASAPI component. I usually have channel mixer DSP upmixing to 5.1 but even when I have no DSPs active the issue remains. Exclusive options in the sound card properties are checked. The sound card I am using is a USB Sweex SC016 (http://www.sweex.com/en/assortiment/sound-...nd-cards/sc016/) and I also have an onboard Realtek sound card on my laptop. I could set the onboard card as default and play music uninterrupted at the USB card but that is not what I want, I want WASAPI output to behave as it should.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when onboard card is used for all audio sources, everything is fine.