Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to update default *.fpl playlists for a different drive location (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

how to update default *.fpl playlists for a different drive location

After a mainboard death I am using a different computer with a different drive setup, and thus my music library has moved. I am trying to edit the *.fpl files stored in \AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\playlists-v1.4\ so they correctly reflect the new location of the audio files.

I can do a find-and-replace in Notepad, changing D:\Music\ to C:\Users\<username>\Music\ and saving the *.fpl files with the correct new locations. However, foobar2000 will not load the updated playlist files, saying they are corrupted. (I think this is simple to understand but attached a screenshot in case the type of error is relevant.)

I've searched online and the only answer to this particular question is to use notepad, which may have worked for older versions of foobar2000 but doesn't work currently (1.4 and more recent use playlists-v1.4.

For now, I set my external hard drive as D:\ so the playlists will work playing files off my external drive. I can save each playlist as a *.m3u file and the run find-and-replace in Notepad, But I assume there is an easier way to do this.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320