Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Displaying Artist but sorting by Artists Sort (Read 717 times) previous topic - next topic

Displaying Artist but sorting by Artists Sort

Is there any way in the Library to display the artist name, but sort by Artists Sort.

As an example, I'd like it to display "The Who," but it have it display under W instead of T.

Re: Displaying Artist but sorting by Artists Sort

Reply #1
That would be a job for the media library viewer that you are using. Library just stores the tracks. Columns UI has historically supported different sort and display strings but I didn't see this feature implemented in panels. So far Peter hasn't shown interest to implement the feature anywhere.

Re: Displaying Artist but sorting by Artists Sort

Reply #2
I'm using Facets as my library viewer.  Reading it's documentation now to see if it's do-able.  I've never been a fan of the column UI.