Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs. (Read 1113 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs.

I have recently determined that some of my Albums have inconsistent Album Gain values.  I use foobar2000 converter for these and it happens when an album contains more than one composer or date.  Those are sorted together for RG calculation.

Is there a way I can filter my albums to find only those that have this condition?  It can't be done by folder because some folders purposely have multiple albums in them.  (Don't ask; it's a "classical" thing.)  It has to be done by tags:

List all %ALBUM% for which %REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN% is not a constant value.

Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks.

As for why this is in the foobar2000 forum, it would be helpful if the converter had a setting that was equivalent to "Scan as a single album".

Re: Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs.

Reply #1
If your tagging is consistent otherwise, go to preferences -> Tools -> ReplayGain Scanner and adjust the "Album grouping pattern, for "Scan as Albums (by tags)": to work for you. Mine is here and it usually works, but in your case you need to get rid of the %album artist% probably and do what works for you.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Re: Need help finding improperly tagged ALBUMs.

Reply #2
If your tagging is consistent otherwise, go to preferences -> Tools -> ReplayGain Scanner and adjust the "Album grouping pattern, for "Scan as Albums (by tags)": to work for you.
Thank you!