Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fast rename operation (Read 3123 times) previous topic - next topic

Fast rename operation

Anybody know a good, fast way to rename some files named like "track5.flac" to one number lower (e.g. "track4.flac")? There are 24 files, going from track2.flac to track25.flac. Thanks for any help
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Fast rename operation

Reply #2
Ouch... maybe I should have included easy. I thought I was technically proficient before seeing the BRU screen... thanks for the help anyway

Fast rename operation

Reply #3
What's so difficult? Granted, it's a swiss army knife

Just follow the numbers, and not use boxes you don't need. In your case, I'd use box #5 (to remove old numbers) and box #10 (to create a new sequence). Select the files on the top-right pane, click Rename, done.

BRU has saved my bacons a lot of a lot of times

Fast rename operation

Reply #4
I did that, but it doesn't work - remember that these tracks are not 0-padded, so the numbers go all over the place. (I need them in the right order, except with one taken off, because I'm using them for ScummVM )

Fast rename operation

Reply #5
1. Select the files you want to rename.

2. Box #5: Check "Digits" do not change anything else

3. Box #10: Change "Mode" to "Suffix" tweak the settings here as you like

4. Click "Rename"

Done.

Fast rename operation

Reply #6
Thanks! I hadn't thought of that

Fast rename operation

Reply #7
Or you can use the masochistic way of the RegExp

... but since I'm a Sadist and not a Masochist  I'd rather use the simple way above

Fast rename operation

Reply #8
Well would you know it but I'm quite good at regex  (read: contaminated with the regex virus after too many php hacks )

... but as far as I can see you can't use it to add to a number.

Fast rename operation

Reply #9
No, but you can use RegEx to remove the numbers