Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LGPL'ed Apple Lossless Encoder released (Read 39561 times) previous topic - next topic

LGPL'ed Apple Lossless Encoder released

Reply #25
Tested with default settings. A 787 MB wave compressed to 371 MB. Played without trouble in foobar2000 ALAC decoder 1.0.3.
Converted with foobar the m4a to wave. The hash of the resulting wave is the same as the original wave.

Hope this info is useful.

Greetings,

Ben

Reply #26
Thanks!
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #27
Also works no problem on my Ipod Nano 4G, even with extreme encoder settings 

Reply #28
Any plans for a 24 bit version ?

cheers

Reply #30
I will try. Does fb2k decode 24-bit files? Don't ask me to install iTunes

For now here's an updated version of the same old 16-bit encoder, it's a bit faster than previous. It beats ffmpeg in both speed and compression.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #31
Does fb2k decode 24-bit files?

No.  And Winamp + Winamp Essentials doesn't decode them too.

Reply #33
I today checked to see if it's already compatible with lossywav, it sadly isnt. Can someone comment on whether or not this encoder could eventually work with lossywav? Would be a space saver where it's needed most: on my ipod.

Reply #34
I don't think it could. ALAC format doesn't seem to support wastedbits feature. There's a suspicious wastedbytes field in the packet header, but even if it is what i think it is, it won't be enough.
CUETools 2.1.6