Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestion] dedicate one cpu core for playback and others for processing  (Read 1956 times) previous topic - next topic

[Suggestion] dedicate one cpu core for playback and others for processing

Processing files (for replaygain , conversion) utilizing all cpu cores in a multi-core processor helps speeding things up but chokes up playback , especially at high sample rates. Is it possible to exclude from the cores used for other purposes  a dedicated one core solely reserved to playback?

Re: [Suggestion] dedicate one cpu core for playback and others for processing

Reply #1
Have you tried increasing the decoding thread priority?
You can change the setting in Preferences\Advanced\Playback\Thread Priority.

Re: [Suggestion] dedicate one cpu core for playback and others for processing

Reply #2
Yes . Playback priority is set to highest using thread and mmcss and replaygain/converter priority is set to  2.
I am not sure if what I have suggested is even possible but it seems to me like a good policy to give playback thread exclusivity - at least within foobar.