Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Generate playlist automatically when ripping (Read 2350 times) previous topic - next topic

Generate playlist automatically when ripping

Hey guys,

Is there any way to make foobar create a playlist of the tracks it rips from a cd automatically when it is ripping?

For example, 12 tracks get ripped from the cd, and a playlist is created of those 12 tracks during ripping, and the playlist is saved in the folder with the ripped tracks.

I'm using version 0.8.3, and I'd greatly appreciate any info on this. 

Thanks,

nazgulord.

Reply #1
Never mind...I found a way around it 

nazgulord.

Reply #2
Never mind...I found a way around it 

nazgulord.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354064"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It'd be nice to hear how you solved your problem, in case anyone else has the same issue and sees this thread.

Reply #3
Okay, it goes something like this:

I usually rip 2 or 3 cds at once, so once they're ripped I add the files to the database. Then using the album list panel plugin, I double-click on the new album entries to create playlists with the title as the album (changed the config of album list panel so the double-click action is "send to new playlist"). Then it's a simple matter of right-clicking on any of the playlist tabs, and choosing save all playlists. I just choose my folder, and I'm done.

This works for 1 album as well. Just choose Save Playlist after bringing up the playlist from the album list panel.

It's still a bit of manual work, and it would be nice if someone found a way to automatically make a playlist...something like CDEx does...

nazgulord.