Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Preferences: Advanced window doesn't allow Apply after select in WINE (Read 1523 times) previous topic - next topic

The Preferences: Advanced window doesn't allow Apply after select in WINE

When select any of the square clickable option in the Advanced preferences the Apply button stay gray. Clicking OK to close the window and open it again and the changes made are gone.

Other elements like the ones that offer round bullet to select like Album Art-Embedded vs external-Prefer larger/external/embedded can be even changed.

Text fields like Autocomplete fields works as intended and after changes them the Apply button became available and the option is set.

Also happens in Preferences: Context menu

Not sure is a foobar problem or a WINE bug. Can someone confirm?

Video:
https://jmp.sh/s/s5dVXWqJd63SYRluDd0W

Tested in new and old instalations, 32 and 64 foobar and various WINE versions

Re: The Preferences: Advanced window doesn't allow Apply after select in WINE

Reply #1
Assuming you are using foobar2000 v2.1 and not some weird buggy beta, I can say that there are no such issues when the software runs on Windows. If an advanced preferences checkbox is touched the Apply instantly becomes available. And hitting OK saves the config too.

Reply #2
Assuming you are using foobar2000 v2.1 and not some weird buggy beta, I can say that there are no such issues when the software runs on Windows. If an advanced preferences checkbox is touched the Apply instantly becomes available. And hitting OK saves the config too.

Yes, v2.1

Reply #3
Linux Mint 21.1
Wine 9.0-rc4
foobar2000 v2.1 32bit 64bit

Preferences > Adovanced

I'm in the same situation.
Even though I can check to make changes, Apply does not take effect. It remains grayed out.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #4
I tried with foobar2000_v1.6.17.exe and it works.

Anyone know what could be the difference?

Reply #5
I checked FB2K version 2.0 and it's okay. It seems the problem is confined to foobar2000 v2.1

I'm running 32 bit FB2K in a 64 bit wine prefix on MX Linux.. Wine 8.12.

Reply #6
Linux Mint 21.3
Wine-staging 9.1

X  foobar2000 v2.1.1 : 32-bit | 64-bit
○  foobar2000 v2.0 : 32-bit | 64-bit
○  foobar2000 v1.6.17
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #7
The Wine problems have been acknowledged and there will be workarounds in a future version. I believe the fixes will be publicly available once foobar2000 v2.2 previews are released.
The treeview control used in advanced preferences doesn't work correctly under Wine even with old foobar2000, but there at least the state changes work.

Reply #8
The Wine problems have been acknowledged and there will be workarounds in a future version. I believe the fixes will be publicly available once foobar2000 v2.2 previews are released.
The treeview control used in advanced preferences doesn't work correctly under Wine even with old foobar2000, but there at least the state changes work.

Great news. thanks for the support

Reply #9
Linux Mint 21.3
Wine-staging 9.1

X  foobar2000 v2.1.2 : 32-bit | 64-bit

Reply #10
Linux Mint 21.3
Wine-staging 9.1

X  foobar2000 v2.1.2 : 32-bit | 64-bit

case said that the fix will be included in a future 2.2 preview version.  I think we need to wait a little bit more

Reply #11
I will wait.

Reply #12
Thanks for the heads up. Nice to know I can use Foobar2000 v.2.0 while we wait for v.2.2 👍
"foolish humans, no matter how you try to cover the sky with your hands - is the sky truly smaller than your grasp?" - Gran Kain

Reply #13
Fixed in foobar2000 v2.2 preview 2024-02-05

Reply #14
Fixed in foobar2000 v2.2 preview 2024-02-05

Awesome! Works perfectly now. Only noticed some weird artifacts when moving columns around, but honestly, probably a weird Wine or perhaps Nvidia driver bug.
"foolish humans, no matter how you try to cover the sky with your hands - is the sky truly smaller than your grasp?" - Gran Kain