Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How Does Album Art Downloader work? (Read 1301 times) previous topic - next topic

How Does Album Art Downloader work?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how Album Art Downloader works.  I can never find Folder.jpg on my computer, much less I can't find any of the files it loads onto my PC.  It claims that it's loading the appropriate files into my Music library but I've never been able to find the actual files.  When I use the Foobar Browser, again, it claims the artwork has been downloaded but again, to where?  I can't find any pictures at all.  Can someone explain to me how to use it and to make sure actual files get saved into the proper directories that I can find, which for me, would be D:\Music, which is the directory where my music is stored.  Next sub directory is Artist, then Album.  Thanks.

Re: How Does Album Art Downloader work?

Reply #1
In AAD,  below the 'Artist' and 'Album' boxes select 'Options'. In the Options tab, the last box named 'Save images to' determines where to store the album art. Typically this is set to .\folder.jpg, which stores the album art in the currently active folder in a file named folder.jpg

Re: How Does Album Art Downloader work?

Reply #2
In AAD,  below the 'Artist' and 'Album' boxes select 'Options'. In the Options tab, the last box named 'Save images to' determines where to store the album art. Typically this is set to .\folder.jpg, which stores the album art in the currently active folder in a file named folder.jpg

Mine says this:

D:\Music\%artist%\%album%\Folder%preset%.%extension%

Should I change it to D:\Music\%artist%\%album%\ if I want to make sure the pictures save in their respected folders?  If that's the case, then will this path \%artist%\%album%\ also work?

I was thinking/hoping that album art information would automatically download to the respected albums, or at least should be, which is why I changed the location.  For whatever reason it was when I tried this, it didn't work out for me.