Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where does CueTools store CD information? (Read 3165 times) previous topic - next topic

Where does CueTools store CD information?

Whenever you use CueTools to manipulate your files a box pops up that samples several databases so you can choose the closest metadata match to your CD.  There must be a local database on the hard drive that is unique to each user because if you edit the fields to your liking the next time you use Cuetools on the image/tracks right at the top is your personalized one.  I have hundreds of CDs I have processed with CueTools but now I am faced with having to reinstall Windows 7 and I need to know which file/files I need to copy to the new installation so I maintain all of this work.

I know there is a file in EAC you can copy to keep it's settings and in the old days it was simply cdplayer.ini that stored all such information for all audio programs but I cannot find the where Cutools stores this data on my hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply #1
Using Windows 7 it's at C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\CUE Tools
Concretely, it's the file named LocalDB.xml

Reply #2
Thank you vry much.

Reply #3
Unfortunately that does not seem to be the solution.  I copied that file over from my old installation and all the CDs I had edited were not present in my versions.  I did a couple of CDs over again on the new system and the LocalDB.xml.z file did not change and my database entries were still shown in CueTools when I completely deleted that file altogether.

Now I am more baffled than ever.  This information has to be stored somewhere, the question is just where.