Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I can't find the vgmstream extension for Foobar on the list of components (Read 2817 times) previous topic - next topic

I can't find the vgmstream extension for Foobar on the list of components

Hi,

I've noticed that the vgmstream extension for Foobar isn't available in the list of components of the Foobar website. Is there a reason for that? The extension is avalaible on https://vgmstream.org/, but I wanted to ask here before uploading and installing it.

Thanks in advance!

Re: I can't find the vgmstream extension for Foobar on the list of components

Reply #1
I removed it from the foobar web site because I don't have the sense to update it constantly whenever the build bot builds it, and the automation can't work any more.

Reply #2
I removed it from the foobar web site because I don't have the sense to update it constantly whenever the build bot builds it, and the automation can't work any more.

Thank you for your reply! I also noticed that the extension used to get updated a bit too often and I wondered why. In that case, I understand that there are no issues per se with the extension and, in that case, I'll keep using it and I will update it from to time.

Reply #3
It does get updated constantly, much like my macOS player, Cog. Some people even complained about that player being updated too frequently.

Thankfully, you can choose to update when you want.

I'd love to keep it in the repository for updates there, too, but I don't have any means to automate uploads there. I used to use something that required one of my servers to run a headless Chromium engine that parsed and interacted with the components administration interface, but now that doesn't work so well any more.