Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 3 (Read 114621 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 3

Reply #25
When you tick "Eject CD after extraction", and performs a T/C image, it will eject the CD after the test is done, and proceed ripping as if the disc were present.

Confirmed. Wow, that was the fastest extraction I've ever seen... 135x  all silence.

But it's not what KeyKey experienced although I first thought so it could be the same bug.

The "Eject CD after extraction" bug will give you a "Suspicious position" for the whole range and a bad copy CRC of... silence.

Reply #26
The "Eject CD after extraction" bug will give you a "Suspicious position" for the whole range and a bad copy CRC of... silence.

And correct AR results for some strange reason. EAC needs some built in protection that warns the user when the peak is 0
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #27
SERIOUS BUG FOUND!

When you tick "Eject CD after extraction", and performs a T/C image, it will eject the CD after the test is done, and proceed ripping as if the disc were present.

Unticked and OK:

Code: [Select]
Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 1 from 25. May 2007

EAC extraction logfile from 1. July 2007, 1:45

Aces High / Pull No Punches

Used drive  : PLEXTOR CD-R   PREMIUM   Adapter: 1  ID: 0

Read mode               : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No

Read offset correction                      : 30
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : Yes
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks   : No
Used interface                              : Installed external ASPI interface

Used output format              : User Defined Encoder
Selected bitrate                : 32 kBit/s
Quality                         : High
Add ID3 tag                     : No
Command line compressor         : C:\Archivos de programa\Exact Audio Copy\wapet.exe
Additional command line options : %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" mac.exe %s %d -c3000

TOC of the extracted CD

Track |   Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.32 |  4:50.65 |        32    |    21846  
        2  |  4:51.22 |  4:23.30 |     21847    |    41601  
        3  |  9:14.52 |  4:02.73 |     41602    |    59824  
        4  | 13:17.50 |  5:33.57 |     59825    |    84856  
        5  | 18:51.32 |  4:20.08 |     84857    |   104364  
        6  | 23:11.40 |  6:30.17 |    104365    |   133631  
        7  | 29:41.57 |  4:21.18 |    133632    |   153224  
        8  | 34:03.00 |  5:04.35 |    153225    |   176059  
        9  | 39:07.35 |  4:29.65 |    176060    |   196299  
       10  | 43:37.25 |  5:14.45 |    196300    |   219894  

Range status and errors

Selected range

Filename C:\RIPEOS EAC\Aces High - Pull No Punches.wav

Peak level 99.2 %
     Range quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 28697CAA
     Copy CRC 28697CAA
     Copy OK

AccurateRip summary

Track  1  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [945F87DF]
Track  2  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [381493BD]
Track  3  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [A8E4D508]
Track  4  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [E1B66268]
Track  5  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [1A80E060]
Track  6  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [57F8461C]
Track  7  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [5A7AEA3A]
Track  8  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [6F112F39]
Track  9  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [5BC45176]
Track 10  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [E4A14345]

No errors occurred

End of status report

What is this "confidence 1 " all about? 

Reply #29
new release just in time for me to start ripping some new cds

yay for Andre!

Reply #30
Yay now the automatic log file output now goes by Artist - Albumname instead of just Albumname.  Digging through 100 log files and figuring out which album was by which artist was no fun back in the day.
"Have you ever been with a woman? It's like death. You moan, you scream and then you start to beg for mercy, for salvation"

Reply #31
This is a sweet update, I love the AR and T&C support for images 

EDIT: also, the new log handling is great.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #32
Well, it's a pre-beta, not even a beta, let alone a final, so I can't complain. But..  I noticed a few things. I can't load other profiles Not by choosing one in the status bar, nor by loading one by menu or shift-F1.
I get the small error screen, without an error message, but with the exclamation mark

Extraction log file has an bad layout. It shows spaces where they shouldn't be. Misses headers at the toc, misses descriptions. For instance it says        :no,  and        : high.  No what,  high what ??
It shows the whole toc even when ripping just one track.

The program itself does its ripping fine and the AR support is great. I use win98

Reply #33
Does anyone know if ZIP version will be available as well?

Reply #34
Does anyone know if ZIP version will be available as well?

You can use 7-Zip to extract the exe as long as no zip file is released.

Reply #36
7-Zip v4.42 is able to open my eac-0.99pb1.exe without a problem

Reply #37
7-Zip v4.42 is able to open my eac-0.99pb1.exe without a problem

Quite RIGHT.

Version 4.32 (the one I had installed) does not do the trick.

Reply #38

Code: [Select]
AccurateRip summary

Track  1  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [945F87DF]
Track  2  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [381493BD]
Track  3  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [A8E4D508]
Track  4  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [E1B66268]
Track  5  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [1A80E060]
Track  6  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [57F8461C]
Track  7  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [5A7AEA3A]
Track  8  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [6F112F39]
Track  9  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [5BC45176]
Track 10  accurately ripped (confidence 1)  [E4A14345]

No errors occurred

End of status report

What is this "confidence 1 " all about? 

It simply means that somebody else has already ripped this album and submitted the AccurateRip results and that this new rip matches those results. The next rip will get confidence 2, if those results avobe haven been submitted to the database

Reply #39
And odyssey, just in case you doubt a confidence of only "1" is enough to proof your rip was correct: it is enough.

Reply #40
And odyssey, just in case you doubt a confidence of only "1" is enough to proof your rip was correct: it is enough.
...so long as you weren't the "1" in which case you cannot rule out the possibility that there may have been consistent errors.

Reply #41

I was only refferring to wrong AR results, I'm not ripping 
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #42
...so long as you weren't the "1" in which case you cannot rule out the possibility that there may have been consistent errors.

Good point there.

Thanks everybody for the heads-up. 

Reply #43
Can someone do the following test. Submit your accuraterip results to clear any stored.

Then rip 5 common cds as single tracks, then another 5 different cds as image. After this do the submission by email, and give the email a title:

EAC .99 pb1 ar test

Then post here to stop 100's of submissions , that way I can check this new version is working correctly.

Reply #44
I installed 0.99pb1 in a different directory along with 0.95b4 but I have a problem:

With all my drives (different kind of Plextors) the "Use AccurateRip with this drive" option is shaded and cannot be  activated. I'm using Native Win32 Interface. I googled and searched the forum for this problem but I wasn't able to find anything. Anybody has an hint?

To whom said that profiles cannot be loaded: this is the way it is supposed to be with this new version, because the profiles format has changed. There is an explanation about this and a workaround explained in the "What's new" section of EAC site (http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/en/index.php...-new/whats-new/).

Cheers.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #45
Is the AccurateRip.dll file in the EAC folder?

Reply #46
I can't load other profiles Not by choosing one in the status bar, nor by loading one by menu or shift-F1.
I get the small error screen, without an error message, but with the exclamation mark

Apparently your old profiles are no longer compatible with this latest release.

Reply #47
I installed 0.99pb1 in a different directory along with 0.95b4 but I have a problem:

With all my drives (different kind of Plextors) the "Use AccurateRip with this drive" option is shaded and cannot be  activated. I'm using Native Win32 Interface. I googled and searched the forum for this problem but I wasn't able to find anything. Anybody has an hint?

To whom said that profiles cannot be loaded: this is the way it is supposed to be with this new version, because the profiles format has changed. There is an explanation about this and a workaround explained in the "What's new" section of EAC site (http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/en/index.php...-new/whats-new/).

Cheers.

Sergio

I duplicated the 0.95b4 to a new directory named EAC95b4. Then I installed in my original EAC directory. That way i kept my existing data.
Glass half full!

Reply #48
Apparently your old profiles are no longer compatible with this latest

Nice answer. (not)
I solved the problem. I went back to .95b4
Never change a winning team for a pre beta and expect it to work flawlessly, I know.

Reply #49
Apparently your old profiles are no longer compatible with this latest

Nice answer. (not)

But it was the correct answer.
Please remark that now the drive options are not stored by adapter and ID anymore, but by the drives name. So, if you own two identical drives, changing one drives options will directly change the other drives option. To realise this, all old profiles can not be loaded anymore. If you need your old profiles, it would be best to install the new version side by side with the old version. Then load a profile with the old version and close the program. Open the new version and save the appropriate options (e.g. compression options). Sorry for the inconvenience!

Never change a winning team for a pre beta and expect it to work flawlessly, I know.
I still use 0.95pb5.